Where Can Check Hiv And Everything In Hua Hin ?

JohanBKK

I think both hospitals and the Poly clinic offers various checkup packages. Best would probably be Sao Paulo hospital for now until Bangkok Hospital is done.

Sorry, but I wouldn't take my dog to San Paulo. They not only charge prices like Bumrungrad, but from reading postings on the internet and from one personal visit, they generally do more harm than good.

For a health checkup in Hua Hin I would go to the International Polyclinic. They are a branch of Petcharat Hospital in Petchaburi which IMO is the best hospital in the area if you can't go to Bangkok. They have several reasonably priced check up programs that can be performed right at the clinic on Phetkasem road in downtown Hua Hin.

HIV does not show up in the blood until 3 months after infection. If that is your major concern I'm afraid you will have to sweat it out for a while.

Yes, you have to wait a while and the HIV tests are expensive. I read elsewhere on the internet that there is a cheap do-it-yourself home test kit available at pharmacies in Bangkok but I don't know if you can get it in Hua Hin or not or if it is reliable.

There used to be a Thai Red Cross clinic in Bangkok (close to the Snake Farm) that did anonymous HIV checks for 200 baht. Last time I was there it was more than 7 years ago, for fresher info just do a search or ask on the Bangkok or health forum. If it's still there, it's worth a trip to BKK.

I had to do one because I was sweating bullets during the 2 week wait for the results of my chinese visa medical to become available so hauled ass with the missus off to San Paulo for the same-day HIV check. I must say I was very impressed with their attention to cleanliness and procedure and ability to draw the blood without poking around in the vein too much like some other aussie nurses i've had unfortunate dealings with. We were in and out in under half an hour, told to come back in around 4 hours and lo and behold there it was when we got there (clear for both I might add thank god!) From memory it was around the 300-500 baht range each. Nowhere near the 10K you were quoted elsewhere. Check out http://www.sanpaulo.co.th/promotion_en.html . It doesn't have a price for HIV in particular but gives an idea of their general fees.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Why so worried, surely you take prevention when having sex with a prostitute? If you have children will it be practice as I preach, do as I say not as I do.

JohanBKK Why go to Hua Hin when in BKK?

Unbelievable.

Edited by alina