Have You Been To?

blue eyes

I could say many things, but I do not wished to be penalized.

basically human rights here do not exist and very much so in all places like this

bullys and corrupt officials run the place

Some however in there are angles - they know who they are- and all I can say is GOD BLESS THEM. They risk so much for people not from their own land

all is not lost- and if you are british you are lucky to have mr jeff mitchell and kate on your side who bend over backwards and way over and above their call of duty to ensure your human right are adhered to.

The UK Quakers constantly recognizes their efforts .

I would advise keeping a low profile. The locals tend to leave the foreigners alone .

Good luck.

PM me if you would like a friendly visit or some books.

But please do not if you are in anyway connected to any child/sexual offenses.

I could say many things, but I do not wished to be penalized.

basically human rights here do not exist and very much so in all places like this

bullys and corrupt officials run the place

Some however in there are angles - they know who they are- and all I can say is GOD BLESS THEM. They risk so much for people not from their own land

all is not lost- and if you are british you are lucky to have mr jeff mitchell and kate on your side who bend over backwards and way over and above their call of duty to ensure your human right are adhered to.

The UK Quakers constantly recognizes their efforts .

I would advise keeping a low profile. The locals tend to leave the foreigners alone .

Good luck.

PM me if you would like a friendly visit or some books.

But please do not if you are in anyway connected to any child/sexual offenses.

Oh dear!

Clearly you haven't read the thread bjoe97, the OP is visiting a museum.

When I read your thread I initially though you might be someone with some compassion, but it seems you only want to help some people and have excluded the people who could really do with some help, as unpleasant as that may be, double standards I think.

I guess that I shoiuld have mentioned that it was built in 1892 and has been closed to prisoners since around 1990.It is now a museum.So I will only be visiting this time. :)

There is a still a remand prison out near the new city hall. I went in once and just asked if there were any farangs from my home country and they showed me the list of who was in there. None of my countrymen -- and I think few farangs at all (I can't recall now). But they were most open to accepting visitors at that time (about 2005).

Clearly you haven't read the thread bjoe97, the OP is visiting a museum.

When I read your thread I initially though you might be someone with some compassion, but it seems you only want to help some people and have excluded the people who could really do with some help, as unpleasant as that may be, double standards I think.

oh shit, sorry, my sincere apologys.

Sorry I just cannot take the rapists and child molesters anymore.

I am working on it.

I'd welcome any advice on this weakness,

right now when I see them trying to justify their action's, or making fun of the system they know they can slip out of I feel like commiting acts upon them that are not in line with my usual self.

I agree, they do need help and I am totally against any sort of cruel treatment. I both pity and pray for them.

My first gf was gang raped by a man with 5 previous convictions, none of which were aloowed to mentioned in court

and on behalf of one agency I helped track a catholic priest who went by the name of "doctor mel" who ran two orphanages one in nepal one in manila.

Have you ever seen a DVD of a group of men laughing whilst they have sex with a 10-11-12 year old?

I cried like a baby and asked The Lord how He could allow this to happen.

Have you ever spocken to the parents after the body of their little girl who has been raped has been found in a shallow grave?

It drains me.

Here in thailand I/we organise free anti rape lectures and child protection lectures with the help of some great boys who run a martial art school on soi 13.

We also send 'superheros" to orphanages ,kids hospidals, etc.

If you know any would would like a visit, please let us know.

We'd sure welcome any positive input on this.Perhaps then I may be forgiven for my double standards.

thanks

Blue eyes

Bit late to reply to your post, I saw it before but I am not good with road name, anyway just check in Google and I know the ex-prison you talking about.

I go there nearly weekly the last few years, because it is opposite of Sapanlek, where you get something (who cannot be mention in this board)

They are a big park opposite the jail, only one side of the building still standing, and two shops on the road, one selling furniture made by prisoners and one having kind of library in it.

No sign of museum to me, the shops have been open and close often offering different concept, i never venture deep in the park, because me and my dog are not allowed in.

I will said not interesting to go there just for the museum, but perhaps if you go to Sapanlek to get something (who cannot be mention in this board) , you can stop to look at it

Have you ever seen a DVD of a group of men laughing whilst they have sex with a 10-11-12 year old?

Of course not, to just possess such a DVD would result in your conviction and imprisonment.

Edited by ukrules

Of course not, to just possess such a DVD would result in your conviction and imprisonment.

no-no- no- how on earth can people say this?

you have to be caught first

did this somehow escape people chain of thoughts?

if this was so we would not need the police, God, or whoever would simple jump down and bust us

guys, not only has it never happened this way, it never will

i wish it did

for some reason many people here on thaivisa say really inane things like

do drugs- go to jail -the gun will get you- break the law and pay-( yes, to get out)

one seems to forget that there is a whole process that has to take place before hand, like, and I will drop a hint- getting caught doing it by someone who cannot be paid off

that is why,if i was crook, this is where i would live

I saw the DVD in sex motel and a similar( I report to police, who laughed) one in part of some training I did for an agency that watches these people

i was trying to explain why , for now, i do not like visiting sex offenders

thats all

for some reason many people here on thaivisa say really inane things like

do drugs- go to jail -the gun will get you- break the law and pay-( yes, to get out)

one seems to forget that there is a whole process that has to take place before hand, like, and I will drop a hint- getting caught doing it by someone who cannot be paid off

that is why,if i was crook, this is where i would live

I saw the DVD in sex motel and a similar( I report to police, who laughed) one in part of some training I did for an agency that watches these people

i was trying to explain why , for now, i do not like visiting sex offenders

thats all

^Ohh dear

^Ohh dear ..

He must really like this post, to not letting died !

My first gf was gang raped by a man...

?????

bjoe, there's either something wrong with your posts (a language issue?) or with what appears to be an obsession of bringing the topic into a thread that has only to do with a museum.

sorry, i misread, English" is not my first language and besides that apparently I am a "nutter"

what did i do to offend?

,museum was not mentioned in first post

make a language mistake?

I did try to visit this place. I was passing in a taxi one evening and said to my wife I would like to come back and look at that.

The next day we got a taxi and we got there after a lot of driving around, Only to find when we did arrive the Museum was Closed.

We walked in the grounds and it was clear that only about 10% was still standing. So I don't think i missed too much.

If you do get in, Report back. I would be interested to know what I missed out on. can't say I looked over the road so I don't know about the goods on sale there.

I did try to visit this place. I was passing in a taxi one evening and said to my wife I would like to come back and look at that.

The next day we got a taxi and we got there after a lot of driving around, Only to find when we did arrive the Museum was Closed.

We walked in the grounds and it was clear that only about 10% was still standing. So I don't think i missed too much.

If you do get in, Report back. I would be interested to know what I missed out on. can't say I looked over the road so I don't know about the goods on sale there.

Please read my post, post number 11

only 10% of the standing building and that IS the museum, nothing else, just a park.

you did not miss anything, i saw the back of the 10% building facing the side road, nothing in the back then

Years back, the two shops were with items from jails prisoners, only one have furniture perhaps that is gone as well...

ok to see (10% of the building) and the park if you there or around this area (sapanlek / the old Siam)

you did not miss anything to my knowledge

The old corrections museum is an interesting visit. You get to see a some wax models depicting an execution, which should warm the hearts of some TV people. The condemned man gets a garland of nice smelling flowers, so that makes it special. :)

The prison cell wasn't as bad as I had expected. Alcatraz was a more depressing visit.

The old corrections museum is an interesting visit. You get to see a some wax models depicting an execution, which should warm the hearts of some TV people. The condemned man gets a garland of nice smelling flowers, so that makes it special. :)

The prison cell wasn't as bad as I had expected. Alcatraz was a more depressing visit.

Is the corrections museum in Maha Chai road ? is it the Remand Prison mention by the opp.

i never see any activity on the ground of Naha Chai road