Internet Problem In Phuket.

Valentine

Yesterday morning internet connections were patchy & last night non existant. When I called TOT I was informed by a very tired sounding lady that the whole of Phuket was down. Were there problems with the other providers? BTW it seems OK this morning.

Edited by Valentine

Yes, mine was really screwed up and I wasn't sure if I had a virus or what so, I packed up my laptop and went to an internet cafe where they have a different ISP.

Everything was fine there.

And now this morning, everything is fine here too in my home so, it looks like they have fixed whatever caused the problem.

I must say, internet has been much more reliable this year than last.

Things are improving. (i hope)

Yes, mine was really screwed up and I wasn't sure if I had a virus or what so, I packed up my laptop and went to an internet cafe where they have a different ISP.

Everything was fine there.

And now this morning, everything is fine here too in my home so, it looks like they have fixed whatever caused the problem.

I must say, internet has been much more reliable this year than last.

Things are improving. (i hope)

I've found the same, TOT internet was really bad for a couple of days (kept going down) but has been OK today.

Similarly, its been a lot better recently (other than the last couple of days) than it was a few months ago.

I have had a few dropouts over the last 2 days. That is unusual for me now, but was common a few months ago. Also no rain helps as that always dropped or slowed the line.

I must agree that even over the this last year and a half that I have been back in Phuket it has gotten better. It took a whole lot of complaining, and I grudgingly pay to much for the Maxnet BBB 4mb/1mb premier line. I noticed that my speeds to Bangkok and USA are almost always the same now 4.25Mb down. Used to never go above 3.5Mb. Maybe that's the new undersea cable they rolled out recently. It's still frustrating that I can pay half as much for a line 8 times as fast back home.

I shouldn't complain, it's a lot better than when I lived here 2001-3 when the best I could get was 56k dial up. Ugg.