Education Visa

I know the ed visa is one year, but can I leave the country on it? How does it work if I do leave the country and want to come back in? Also, anyone know the address of the immigration office in Phuket Town? Or what it's near? I'd like to avoid taking a taxi there. You're able to go in a bit early before the visa's over, right? I need to go to Surat Thani and my visa expires on the 13th...won't be coming back in time.

What do you have? A visa can be single entry or multi entry but none allow a stay of more than 90 days at a time and a re-entry permit never keeps a visa alive (only your current permitted to stay). Are you talking about a Thai language 90 day extension from Immigration by chance?

I don't have a visa yet...I'm looking at my options. However, while in Thailand, I like to travel to other countries. How much is a re-entry permit, and is there a limit to how many I can buy once I have the ED visa? I know that with this visa you go check in with immigration every 90 days. Is this the same as purchasing a permit? 1900 THB right?

What do you have? A visa can be single entry or multi entry but none allow a stay of more than 90 days at a time and a re-entry permit never keeps a visa alive (only your current permitted to stay). Are you talking about a Thai language 90 day extension from Immigration by chance?

right lopburi only current permitted to stay

I don't have a visa yet...I'm looking at my options. However, while in Thailand, I like to travel to other countries. How much is a re-entry permit, and is there a limit to how many I can buy once I have the ED visa? I know that with this visa you go check in with immigration every 90 days. Is this the same as purchasing a permit? 1900 THB right?

RE ENTRY PERMIT* 1,000 Baht for single

* 3,800 Baht for multiple

A visa only allows a 90 day stay without exit of Thailand. You appear to be talking about extension of stay for language study which is a single entry non immigrate ED visa which you extend every 90 days at Immigration using proof of study.

You 'check in' with immigration every 90 days for an address report when you are here on a one year extension of stay (not a visa). Study at university level might provide such an extension of stay.

How often do you plan on traveling to other counties? and will it be by Air or by Land?

If by air and at less than 30 days in between trips (15 days if coming back in via land border), you may not need to worry about getting any visa... just get your 30 day exemption stamp every time you vome back to Thailand.

If less than 60 days in between trips, a tourist via may also serve your purposes.

It is not mandetory to be on a student visa or extensiln for the purpose of studying in order to study in Thailand.... you can study on a tourist visa or a visa exempt stamp.