Moving Costs?

jas007

Has anyone ever hired a moving service for a move?  Either within Pattaya or between Pattaya and Bangkok?

I’m thinking about moving.  Not much stuff, really, but it’s now more than the two suitcases I came here with this time.  An office chair, a computer monitor, some smaller miscellaneous items, and a few pots and pans, some small kitchen utensils. Anyway, assuming the cost of movers isn’t too high, that might be the way to go.

I think I read here some time ago that such movers did basically have no insurance or liability if they destroy any of your things.

I am sure packing and unpacking is a big deal if done right. 

I'm not sure how much of a benchmark this can be....

4 years ago we moved about 10k from our previous 4b/3b house to our own 3b/3b house....We moved a full household of teak furniture, all appliances, electronics, plus many large potted outside plants & trees....

It was a crew of 4 + a large truck, a local referral.....The cost was 5k฿ & everything was moved with care with no mishaps or loss....

I at first tried a THE local large scale removal company (__ __ removal) & they weren't interested - they seemed to only want the big payday of international or long haul move....

If you can, Thai to Thai contacts will help find what you need.....

It sounds as if a regular passenger sized van or songteau would be big enough for your stuff ...

13 hours ago, jas007 said:

Has anyone ever hired a moving service for a move?  Either within Pattaya or between Pattaya and Bangkok?

I’m thinking about moving.  Not much stuff, really, but it’s now more than the two suitcases I came here with this time.  An office chair, a computer monitor, some smaller miscellaneous items, and a few pots and pans, some small kitchen utensils. Anyway, assuming the cost of movers isn’t too high, that might be the way to go.

It sounds like all of that stuff might fit in a taxi / private car. That might be a cheaper way to go than hiring a moving service.

10 minutes ago, mstevens said:

It sounds like all of that stuff might fit in a taxi / private car. That might be a cheaper way to go than hiring a moving service.

I agree. Years ago, I needed to move a small amount of items from one condo to the next.

I found a local who charged me 500 THB to use his truck for the afternoon.

He came, I loaded everything into the back of the truck, he drove to the new place, I unloaded my stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cheynastro said:

Moving can be a hassle, especially when you're not sure where to start. I remember when I had to move from one city to another with just a few belongings.

Please tell us more (not).