Confused About Extension For Non Imm O Visa

Since many years I am holder on EU passport of a Non Imm O visa multiple entry, based on support to my Thai wife

My actual still valid Non Imm O visa expires on March 5th 2010

To-day 8 February I went for the first time to Immigration Office to request an extension of 365 days of this Non Imm O visa + multiple entry visa (all based on marriage to Thai wife)

Immigration Office noticed that all documents (marriage certificate, proof of money, etc..) are OK but they refused to accept the application because it was too early.

Indeed they told me that I need to apply about one month before last day of entry given at airport :

I landed from Dhaka on January 8th where I got a stamp for 3 months until April 7th.

So they advised me to come back early March.

However this month I travel to Jakarta mid February and to Saigon 27 and 28 February : according what they told I will get three months entry as long as my Non Imm O visa is valid. I am very surprised that date chops in a passport with permission to stay 3 months can even be given on March 4th the day before expiry...OK they are they should know better than me.

So after my return from Saigon on 28 Feb I should obtain at the airport a chop allowing to stay another 3 months until end of May????

However I am already planning a trip to Chennai 15 March and then what will happen upon my return? (Other trips are planned in the region early April)?

a) my non Imm O visa will have expired

:) what kind of entry visa will I get after 15 March : a chop for one month given to all EU passport allowing to stay 30 days until mid April, contradicting my earlier permission to stay until end of May????

c) if then I go to Kuala Lumpur on April 9th I could get again a chop for one month etc etc...

What I am afraid of is to end in a catch 22 situation : that for instance when I try to apply for extension of Non Imm O visa - let us say in May - the Immigration will say : "ho you are too late because the Non Imm O expired already on March 5"

Does anybody have experience with this?

Thanks

What I am afraid of is that if I

As long as you enter before 5th March you will receive another 90 days stay.

This would give you up until early June.

Apply for the extension within the last 30 days of this stay.

If you wish to leave the country between 5th March and June obtain a Re Entry Permit from Immigration and this will keep your June date alive.

As long as you enter before 5th March you will receive another 90 days stay.

This would give you up until early June.

Apply for the extension within the last 30 days of this stay.

If you wish to leave the country between 5th March and June obtain a Re Entry Permit from Immigration and this will keep your June date alive.

I believe I have the same visa with a similar problem. I had a multiple entry visa valid for one year and that visa expired on January 8. I re-entered Thailand on January 7th and got 3 months stay which will expire on April 6. I would like to stay longer at least until after Songkran but I may have to make a visa run or sail my boat down to Penang to get another one year multiple entry Non O visa based on my marriage to a Thai woman and our baby daughter. I do not have more than 200k baht in the bank but I did not think the 400k was needed if I have the "marriage visa" Non O and have to leave Thailand every 3 months. Also, I am wondering if Penang will give me another marriage visa since Malaysia is not my home country. For the past 2 years I have gotten my visa in the US and have never had problem or been asked to show any bank book. Since my visa has expired already, is there any reason to go to immigration in Phuket to see if I can get another Non O for which I will have to leave Thailand every three months? Or maybe it is better to do one more 28 day visa run to Ranong or Langkawi which should get me enough time to stay in Thailand until I have to go back to work anyway in the states. I usually work until November and come back with a new Non O visa just before leaving the states and it seems more economical since I managed to get 15 months out of my one year visa and if I can do the same next year, it might be cheaper that way. Will this kind of Visa planning put in trouble down the road with the Thai immigration by not having back to back visas?

You are not likely to obtain more than a single entry non immigrant O visa in Penang (but that seems to be all you need). You would require marriage/birth/copy of wife ID card at a minimum - perhaps copy of her home register and a note asking for visa to be issued. KL with proof of 100k in bank account will issue multi entry.

Non air arrival travel should only get you a 15 day stay under current policy - the 30 day visa exempt entry is by air.

You do not obtain a non immigrant O visa from Immigration.

You do have the option of a 60 day extension of stay from Immigration however. This will cost 1,900 baht and require proof of marriage and wife with you and filling out a TM.7 form and 4x6cm current photos.