Is There A Limit On Successive Tourist Visas?

There is no straightforward answer, as is down to each individual consulate. There was a report yesterday of someone getting 8th tourist visa at Vientiane. There are also reports of that same embassy red stamping other members with far fewer entries. Penang will not issue tourist visa if extension has been issued. For longer term stay would suggest you consider obtaining multiple entry Non-O visa on the basis of visiting friends. The nearest consulate that will issue is Perth and will give 90 day permission to stay on each entry. Do a border run before visa expires for new entry stretching visa to 15 months. Would need to take with you signed copy of ID card/passport of Thai friend.

There was a report yesterday of someone getting 8th tourist visa at Vientiane.

I belong to that group although have received TR's from various embassies in the region and Europe. I am putting my retirement visa in place but need to buy myself some more time. I hear Stuttgart issues non-imm O quite easily.

There is no set limit, but 4 back to back visa exempt entries at land border crossing may well lead to immigration questioning what you are doing.

I have 2 valid UK passports. I intend to fly in and out every month and alternate between the 2 passports upon entry. I would like to do this for say 6-8 months. I cannot see why this will not work - anyone have any doubts about this approach ?

Londo

I assume if you renew your passport then they dont check their computer for prior trips and visas? ie is the slate wiped clean?

Obviously a hassle but possible if needed. I know UK passports are 10 years though, whereas in Canada they only are good for 5 yrs anyways.