Seafood In Phuket

richieudon

Hi

I'm off to Phuket at the weekend and was wondering if anyone knows of some decent seafood restaurant?

I'd like somewhere where the Thais go. I'm not worried about the place looking swanky. It's the food I'm interested in.

Some places in PaTong are very expensive and the food ain't that great.

If anyone knows of "one of those secrets" I'd love to hear of it.

Thai people don't go to seafood restaurants. They prefer river fish. If you want good Thai food go to Kaap Gluay in Patong. On the road going out to Kathu about 100 meters before the temple and the hill. On the north side of the street. Get Pla Chon. A good seafood restaurant is Patong Seafood (on the beach road just south of Bangla).

Thai people don't go to seafood restaurants. They prefer river fish. If you want good Thai food go to Kaap Gluay in Patong. On the road going out to Kathu about 100 meters before the temple and the hill. On the north side of the street. Get Pla Chon. A good seafood restaurant is Patong Seafood (on the beach road just south of Bangla).

Thanks for the info but I can't agree with you that Thais prefer river fish. Sometimes it's the only choice you have in parts of Thailand.

Fish from the sea tastes so much better and I miss it being up country.

Kaap Gluay sounds good so I'll try that, thanks....

Parlai Seafood.

Chaofa East Road from Hayaek Chalong direction Phuket town. Turn right at the traffic light direction Zoo. Follow the road till it ends.

Mostly Thai people there. Some Expats.

I love the Pla Samlee (Cotton fish)with green mangoes.

In the same region are 4 or 5 other seafood restaurants.

Roi chang hoo!!

Hi

I'm off to Phuket at the weekend and was wondering if anyone knows of some decent seafood restaurant?

I'd like somewhere where the Thais go. I'm not worried about the place looking swanky. It's the food I'm interested in.

Some places in PaTong are very expensive and the food ain't that great.

If anyone knows of "one of those secrets" I'd love to hear of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to seafoodrestaurant for thai´s????? Thai´s who hate to salt their seafood.

NO THANK YOU..

Glegolo

Parlai Seafood.

Chaofa East Road from Hayaek Chalong direction Phuket town. Turn right at the traffic light direction Zoo. Follow the road till it ends.

Mostly Thai people there. Some Expats.

I love the Pla Samlee (Cotton fish)with green mangoes.

In the same region are 4 or 5 other seafood restaurants.

Roi chang hoo!!

I confirm, take all roads to the Phuket Zoo and look for the Palai Seafood signs.

Also the Phuket town pier that is just up past Supercheap (someone help me with the name, Alzheimer's moment....) you jump a little boat out to these restaurants where you can actually pick your seafood out of the pens. Lots of Thais there, bring your own booze as they are Muslim.

Enjoy!