Massage For Overweight People

flemmie

I am still looking for a way to get some meaningful massage as my back is completely cramped up and I would like to be a little looser to start. I am seriously overweight and have some health issues. I am not looking for further advice on loosing weight, there is plenty available, but am still looking for a place to go to for a massage.

The issue however is that because of my weight, I cannot lie on my stomach, so I need to look for a place that has these massage chairs where you sit facing the back of the chair, exposing your back for massage.

If you would have any ideas where they would give a massage this way, please let me know.

Thank you kindly.

(nearly 60, 128 kg, totally out of shape) :)

I haven't noticed the chairs, but have you tried lying on your side? The best masseurs IMO do a nice back massage that way (first the left and then the right). Of course they usually supplement that with having you on your stomach but I see no reason why the whole thing couldn't be done side to side.

The excess weight does put a significant strain on your spine so obviously should do what you can to lose weight since, even if your problems now are only muscular, spinal problems are sure to set in. Hypnosis worked very well for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe you should try a massage that centers around full body reflexology massages. They usually get all the knots out and it does improve your all round circulation.

I would suggest walking as well. You might be out of shape but you don't have to stay out of shape. Baby steps can take you further than you think. :)

Not sure why you cant lie on your tummy. Or just self conscious?

Euh... I guess the 128 kg prevents me from lying on my stomach. Imagine Santa Claus on his stomach on a massage table :)

Well most of the massage places you are on a floor (padded mat)... unless you are referring to the massages you receive in a high end spa?

I think what he means is that it is impossible to lie flat due to protruding stomach, resulting in uncomfortably squished abdomen and the rest of him unsupported a few inches off the mat.

Well endowed women have a similiar difficulty unless it is a really soft foam mattress with a lot of give, rarely the case in Thailand.

• 1 month later...

can't u do liposuction and take all the fat out? man it would feel great to see all that yellow greasy stuff with blood gets sucked out of the hose and into the container....

personally i would keep the container with the fat in it