Need Info On Walking Distance From Sukhumvit 22 To Queen Sirikit Mrt Station

sprocket

Can you walk from Sukhumvit 22 directly to Queen Sirikit MRT? I am outside of Thailand right now and I am thinking about staying at an apartment on Sukhumvit 22 that is near the MRT station. I looked at the map using Google map but I'm not sure if there are any sois from Sukhumvit 22 to the Queen Sirikit MRT station. I would only stay at the apartment if it's a short walking distance to the MRT. I am afraid there might be property in the way that would make the walking distance much longer than expected. Thanks for any help.

Don't know about the scale of this map, but if you were at the Rama 4 end of soi 22 it looks quite close.

"QSNCC" Station.

post-53559-1265707772_thumb.jpg

Rather you than me, walking anywhere in this heat and humidity. :)

post-53559-1265708793_thumb.jpg

This gmap makes it look like via Rama 4 is your only option, apart from Sukh to Asoke and turn left.

Edited by GungaDin

Two options, marked them on google maps for you - including which soi to take.

1.2km or 1.3km (from Queens Park hotel), up to you.

Second option is easier, with side walks and interesting small sois. Both lead you to Soi Paisingto, which snakes its way around a tiny klong towards the MRT station.

post-37403-1265708677_thumb.png

post-37403-1265708727_thumb.png

I dont know if this will be any help to you and you probably already know but Phrom Phong BTS station is actually easier and shorter walking distance. If your walking out of soi suk 22 take a right turn onto Sukumvhit road,maybe 500 metres walk?

Might be a hassle though as you would have to go to Phrom PhongBTS, go one station up to ASOKE, then get off the BTS and walk over to the MRT Sukhumvit, then go one station down to get to Queen Sirikit MRT

If you are still stuck for directions to walk straight to Quenn sirikit i can look it up in my guidebook for you

Edited by ozzieovaseas

I dont know if this will be any help to you and you probably already know but Phrom Phong BTS station is actually easier and shorter walking distance. If your walking out of soi suk 22 take a right turn onto Sukumvhit road,maybe 500 metres walk?

Might be a hassle though as you would have to go to Phrom PhongBTS, go one station up to ASOKE, then get off the BTS and walk over to the MRT Sukhumvit, then go one station down to get to Queen Sirikit MRT

If you are still stuck for directions to walk straight to Quenn sirikit i can look it up in my guidebook for you

I see there is a small soi that runs off Suk 22 that will get you directly to the MRT station.

If heading down soi 22 from the junction of Suk road, it looks about 600 metres down and a right turn into soi SAI NAM THIP..

Sai Nam Thip then snakes R,L,L which then meets Soi suk 16..but cross straight through,walk straight about 200 metres and then another L and R should see you at the station, somewhere in the vacinity of the stock exchange.

Take note though,there seems to be some very small sois or paths leading off Sai Nam Thip but if you follow it through and note those turns it should lead you directly to the station.

I get my info off a thinknet BK billingual city atlas which has most streets and sois in it, written in English with heaps of landmarks ect..invaluable really, and only 250 baht.

You will sometimes see it in majour newsagents in the malls, is bright red and white and is a bit reminiscent of the design of old eddie van halens guitar. :)

PS. Yes, i am a little bored,stuck in Oz for now and glad to be thinking of when ill be soon be walking the back sois for myself :D

Edited by ozzieovaseas