Land For Sale In Koh Tao

12 rais on the mountain side, Chalok Baan Kao, near Saan Jao beach.

Access to the main road, 5 bungalows already in operation near the foot of the mountain with electricity and water connections.

8 million baht

pm me for more info, I can email pictures and more details.

Edited by gisele

Sorry,

I will have to check again, I probably misunderstood what he told me over the phone.

Sounded odd to me too, but then again, I am not familiar at all with land titles.

Ill make a guess and say it might of been - Tor Bor 5 (tax paid land)

yes, that's it.

Ok, well just to let you know Gisele - It is only tax paid land and is very hard for anyone to upgrade the title legally - in saying that though, it isnt impossible!. The government has also introduced a new law stating that tax paid land must be producing (i.e> rubber, cashew nut etc) or it will be placed back into forestry.

Basically it was squatters land initially.

Thanks for the clarification.

I do know that the adjoining lands are home to different businesses (bungalows, restaurants, stores, diving shops, 7-11, etc...) having also the same land title.

Ill make a guess and say it might of been - Tor Bor 5 (tax paid land)

yes, that's it.

Ok, well just to let you know Gisele - It is only tax paid land and is very hard for anyone to upgrade the title legally - in saying that though, it isnt impossible!. The government has also introduced a new law stating that tax paid land must be producing (i.e> rubber, cashew nut etc) or it will be placed back into forestry.

Basically it was squatters land initially.

The one selling the land does understand what the land title means, however it is I who doesn't speak Thai well enough to understand vocabulary which I have never used before.

=EVO,2005-05-14 23:23:40]

Call me old fashioned, but shouldnt the guy who is selling the land understand what the land title of that listing means???