Log Off Happens Every Time I Close A Site

alant

my pc has started to have a loopy do :)

it started yesterday when a google mail page kept opening in a new window without any reason or prompt from me. at random.

then my igoogle changed to google in thai and even if i put it back when i close it and open it again it is back to google in thai.

tv requires me to log in every time i open it despite a request to keep logged on.

what have i done? and more important how do i cure it?

is anyone else getting this? ie is it a virus or something?

many thanks for help

al

Curious, you may want to run a test for Malware using Spybot, HouseCall or similar, all easily downloaded for free - perhaps also run HiJackthis and see what it shows, post your results here if need be. You are using an anti-virus scanner I presume?

Curious, you may want to run a test for Malware using Spybot, HouseCall or similar, all easily downloaded for free - perhaps also run HiJackthis and see what it shows, post your results here if need be. You are using an anti-virus scanner I presume?

hi

yes i have norton 360 premier edit, up to date and i have checked all

hi

yes i have norton 360 premier edit, up to date and i have checked all

OK, why don't you download Hijackthis, run a scan and post the report here on this forum so we can see what's going on, it's a small program that downloads quickly but will tell all.

http://download.cnet.com/Trend-Micro-Hijac...4-10227353.html

Try a system restore and see if that clears the problem if not do as suggested and download the likes of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program and see if it finds anything.

The Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program has always comes up trumps in finding any problems i've had.

It can be downloaded for free at:

http://download.cnet.com

Get rid of google as i had the same problem with it keep reverting to Thai even though i downloaded the English version.

I now use CometBird which doesn't keep switching to Thai language.

Edited by nam-thip

I Have been having problems with google G Mail and i google for quite a few weeks and have run Malwarebytes , A-squared , AVG, Adaware and Spybot but found nothing except tracking cookies. My G-mail becomes very selective about what e-mails to retrive from Outlook - for example i will get Thaivisa relyed on the week-end (maybe) but rarely thru the week. It is not a drama - i just forward it and other emails every morning so i can read it at work when it all gets too much for me and i need another distraction from what i am being paid to do.

Also i am constantly logged out when i open a new page. Just slight piss-offs but frustrating all the same .

my thanks to everyone, moved to google chrome, all problems gone so just need to get used to the way it does stuff rather than ie8.

i often defend microsoft as it seems to me they are often critisised for being a sucess, but in this case it looks like the probelm is ie8 based