Camel Burgers - Coming Soon To Your Local Thai 7-eleven?

george

Dubai diners flock to eat new 'camel burger'

(CNN) -- A new fast food sensation has hit the Emirates' culinary scene. Camel meat has, for centuries, been a feature of traditional nomad cooking. Now, it has been given a 21st century twist.

Right now, Dubai diners can't seem to get enough of the "camel burger."

"It's a sensation," Ramesh, restaurant manager at "Local House" the restaurant chain behind the burgers told CNN. "Everyone's bored of beef and chicken. So, as soon as the word got out, we had queues of customers eager to give it a try."

More on: CNN 2010-02-10

On a related topic, was in the new Pattaya Makro last week and some very interesting frozen food stuffs in the freezers:

1. Vac-packed frozen frogs

2. Crocodile

3. "deer" didnt say which type

4. Ostrich

5. Rabbit

to me the frogs looked yummy...LOL

Seems someone forgot that this isnt' Dubai Visa.

I don't know about that. Dubai's most famous Thai resident certainly has the hump over his money being held, and is spitting mad about it. Now he's playing silly burgers with Thai lives. Fits in quite well with this forum.

Now now, I think the OP (aka the boss) posted it because of all the people getting loans in LOS to open up a 711, and perhaps this is just the tool / opportunity /disgusting animal we need to get us over the edge and go into debt with dreams of air con, din dong door bells in our heads.

Personally speaking, I think I will open two 711s, across from one another so I can corner the market. :)

Camel meat is quite good actually. I had the opportunity to eat a stew with camel meat and I enjoyed the taste.

Camel meat is tough and chewy so it has to be softened in a stew.

To make the burger they probably have to boil the meat first then fry it.

Sounds even less appetising 'boiled then fried camel burger'.

Seems someone forgot that this isnt' Dubai Visa.

I don't know about that. Dubai's most famous Thai resident certainly has the hump over his money being held, and is spitting mad about it. Now he's playing silly burgers with Thai lives. Fits in quite well with this forum.

Perhaps they might create a special 'Big Hump' burger, for those with a larger appetite, it might include extra flies ? :)

Camel meat is quite good actually. I had the opportunity to eat a stew with camel meat and I enjoyed the taste.

Camel meat is tough and chewy so it has to be softened in a stew.

To make the burger they probably have to boil the meat first then fry it.

nah...all they have to do is grind it up, burger style...I do the same with otherwise inedible thai beef for western cooking purposes...camel meat is available in most 'non-western' supermarkets in the Gulf area...

wonder what a camel meat loaf tastes like...

'hey Abdullah!...don't let yer meat loaf, haw, haw...'

:)

i read thru the entire thread just to see tutsiwarriors post.... and there i am once again, laughing..

here, camel milk is very hard to get, but got soe from a beduin once, to drink.. its supposed to do great things to your health...

i know that camel foot is a delicasy, asked husband if he would eat camel: he will eat all those issaan delicacies, but camel, no way...

On a related topic, was in the new Pattaya Makro last week and some very interesting frozen food stuffs in the freezers:

1. Vac-packed frozen frogs

2. Crocodile

3. "deer" didnt say which type

4. Ostrich

5. Rabbit

to me the frogs looked yummy...LOL

You forgot the Kangaroo, you can get it there also and this meat is delicious great on the BBQ