Microsoft Office 2010 Available For Free Beta Download

webfact

Microsoft Office 2010 now available for free Beta download

Join more than 3.8 million users worldwide who've already downloaded the beta version to experience a whole new world of working with Office.

Microsoft Office 2010 has now officially moved from its technical development stage to a public beta offering - meaning that it is now available for anybody to download and take for a test-drive.

The exact version available for download is Office Professional Plus 2010 Beta, which includes new versions of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft OneNote and Microsoft Outlook.

"Microsoft Office 2010 gives you powerful new tools to express your ideas, solve problems and connect with people," said Lisa Lam, Marketing Director, Microsoft Thailand Limited. "Each new release of Office strives to improve upon the last in order to make sure that users can work faster, more efficiently and with more enjoyment. The 2010 wave of Office solutions is no exception marks a major milestone in Microsoft's history. We are excited what this wave of new innovations will bring to our customers and encourage them to download the beta version so that they can experience the benefits for themselves that will help them boost their work efficiency and bring their ideas to life."

Microsoft Office 2010 offers rich and powerful new ways to deliver your best work at the office, home, or school. With more intuitive and customizable controls, you can grab your audience's attention and make an impact by inspiring them with your ideas visually. There is also added support for greater collaboration with tools that enable you to create results with others by working on projects together at the same time and staying connected to your files at anytime from anywhere in the world.1 With Office 2010, the user is in control of getting things done and allows you to deliver amazing results according to your schedule.

The final version of Office 2010 will be available in two separate formats: a traditional PC-based edition and a completely web-based version. Both products are expected to be released in June 2010.

Sporting a wide range of significant improvements, Office 2010 serves to bridge the gap between the Windows Vista and Windows 7 eras by streamlining the ribbon-based user interface that was introduced in Office 2007 and extending it to encompass the full range of Office applications.

The official Office 2010 beta is open to everyone for free download simply by visiting: http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx

Currently more than 3.8 million users worldwide have downloaded the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta version in order to experience first-hand the new features on offer.

The technical specifications required for running the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta are as follows:

500MHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor or higher

256MBof system memory or more

3GB of available disk space

1,024x768 or higher resolution monitor

DVD-R/W Drive

Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit)

Windows Vista with SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit)

Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit or 64-bit)

Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)

Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Use OPEN OFFICE you get more and its free of charge

To each his own. I tried it with an open mind...albeit a mind with a hope of saving money. HATED it. And I do use open source software (e.g., GIMP).

Your not the only one. I've been using MSOffice since 1992 and everywhere I have worked its what everyone else is using. Open Office would have to be something rather special to take place of that, which is why it hasn't. I look forward to Office 2010 but never going there until its out of beta. Besides it's already out as Rc1 to a select few isn't it?

well after troubles installing it, took more than 2 hours, downloading 50 minutes, because it happened when MS sent also regular updates, I can say nothing really exiting yet. I haven't checked all the new features yet, but so far office 2007 looks better.

Maybe I will come up with some good reports after having a closer look at everything.

Maybe after decades it finally supports writing of documents >50 pages without messing up TOCs, embedded images and numberings, etc :)

Had a friend once who wrote his Master thesis with Word and the day he brought it to the print shop (well, on the last possible date to meet the deadline) all image numbers were showing Fig. 1 throughout the whole paper.

Glad I sticked to Latex even though its lack of WYSIWYG freaked the sh** out of me back then.

Have been told the latest Word still has the big issues with longer documents.

welo