This Can't Be Samui, But It Is!

yantzen

No, that can't be. There are nice lights in Bangrak and later you can see a green hill and the sea. Please explain it next time to the tourists. You even can bring them up that hill. It's beautiful and peaceful up there, stunning views.

Edited by Birdman

post-57148-1266402422_thumb.jpg post-57148-1266402524_thumb.jpg

although upon an actual look at the very blurry picture, one could only hope the ground cover grows back.

unfortunately samui is already something of an armpit and seems intent on continuing that trend.

just last week i sat in an airport bus heading towards bophut with a group of tourist who complained the whole way about how ugly the drive was.

i just lauged and caught my connecting boat.

time on island less than 1 hour: another perfect stay on samui.

I cleaned my glasses :)

although upon an actual look at the very blurry picture, one could only hope the ground cover grows back.

unfortunately samui is already something of an armpit and seems intent on continuing that trend.

just last week i sat in an airport bus heading towards bophut with a group of tourist who complained the whole way about how ugly the drive was.

ts, it's a case of absolute rubbish comment. Don't like it? Stay away.Why do you need to post where it does not concern you?Stay where you are & leave it to us. Just keep on catching your connections.Will never forget your deleted comments. So be gone now thank you. :)

ts, it's a case of absolute rubbish comment. Don't like it? Stay away.Why do you need to post where it does not concern you?Stay where you are & leave it to us. Just keep on catching your connections.Will never forget your deleted comments. So be gone now thank you. :D

I agree 100%. Just naff off and don't post anything on this forum. I hate posters who have nothing to say but moan, moan, moan. Don't like Samui, don't come back! :)

ts, it's a case of absolute rubbish comment. Don't like it? Stay away.Why do you need to post where it does not concern you?Stay where you are & leave it to us. Just keep on catching your connections.Will never forget your deleted comments. So be gone now thank you. :D

I agree 100%. Just naff off and don't post anything on this forum. I hate posters who have nothing to say but moan, moan, moan. Don't like Samui, don't come back! :)

dont agree at all...dont like it...change it for the better! :D:D

probably been enough said about this T.s but i can't help put the boot in. agreed only moan if u have a solution to the problem in this case piss off and do't come back or maybe u will have something to really moan about. hard core samui style. Have a nice day !!!!

I agree 100%. Just naff off and don't post anything on this forum. I hate posters who have nothing to say but moan, moan, moan. Don't like Samui, don't come back! :D

probably been enough said about this T.s but i can't help put the boot in. agreed only moan if u have a solution to the problem in this case piss off and do't come back or maybe u will have something to really moan about. hard core samui style. Have a nice day !!!!

oh you are so very "hard core" "samui style" Big C :) ...we know, that is why I for one never read your posts and generally skip over your responses in threads (yes all, I know they are funny if you have the time for a laugh but I don't these days)....to "samui hard core for me" :D

For the rest of you who live here including me, those of you that have a brain, and any shred of ethics...PLEASE DO keep "whining"....that is the beginning of ideas and how things get changed :D

• 2 years later...

This reminds me of the shock you get when viewing Portsmouth from the Isle of Wight:(

Think of the shock a newbie tourist must feel having paid a small fortune to come to a tropical paradise and they get dropped off in Chaweng Beach Road.

They must be devastated

• Like 2

This was a major topic on Thai TV news the other night with lot's of questions being asked about how it could have been given permission and of course the foreigh ownership element. Another political storm in the making the whip Johnny Foreigner.

This was a major topic on Thai TV news the other night with lot's of questions being asked about how it could have been given permission and of course the foreigh ownership element. Another political storm in the making the whip Johnny Foreigner.

Well, to be honest the place is a mess. It is an eyesore. No-one living here is likely to visit the place at the prices they charge, and those staying there are not likely to venture out. Reminds me of a 5* prison complex. On that basis, Johnny Foreigner needs a dam_n good whipping alongside the locals!

Granted, they look packed in from the water, but it might (probably) is the case that the development affords great views from each house. I would think that being cheek to jowl would be a bad thing, but look at the beach on Chaweng....it's sardines in beach beds and they just keep coming. There are those who flock to the "community" sense.

By the way, there looks to be vegetation around the places. Not sure what you would expect for houses on a hill on stilts.

Personally, I think this place looks too congested, but it takes all kinds to make a world.

"... lot's of questions being asked about how it could have been given permission ..."

I don't think it is against the law to build ugly houses, is it? Samui isn't a World Heritage Site.

Granted, they look packed in from the water, but it might (probably) is the case that the development affords great views from each house. I would think that being cheek to jowl would be a bad thing, but look at the beach on Chaweng....it's sardines in beach beds and they just keep coming. There are those who flock to the "community" sense.

By the way, there looks to be vegetation around the places. Not sure what you would expect for houses on a hill on stilts.

Personally, I think this place looks too congested, but it takes all kinds to make a world.

"... lot's of questions being asked about how it could have been given permission ..."

I don't think it is against the law to build ugly houses, is it? Samui isn't a World Heritage Site.

there is more constrcution in what should be protected areas. if we are not carefull this pace shall become a concrete jungle like in parts of spain. where who mluntains are conrcreted.

better off having big tall buildings in areas where there is no blocking of other buisinesses than conrecting the mountain where u need a 4 wheel drive to get to your house.

Hope it's engineered well after the first few days of a serious deluge of rain. Bum ugly to say the least at this point for sure.

One of the site staff said that one of the bungalows did in fact start to slide down the hill during last years storms.

Thai friends who live near this site and are locals, are absolutely horrified that this project was allowed in the first place but it seems that very powerful business interests were dominant

throughout. Despite publicity from the management that it would all be carefully landscaped this has not happened, it still looks a total mess and has ruined a very pretty area.

With all the trees and plants eradicated on the hill I guess erosion will become a problem.Perhaps this is why they have installed Klongs the size of canals into the hill.

If I was living in Koh Phangan I would be very worried as to what the future holds when there is such blatant disregard for the laws and the environment.

Trawling the web I came across this site, luxury-insider.com, admittedly dated March 2010 stating the asking prices,

quote "Prices start at THB43.8 million for a two-bedroom pool villas and THB 88 million for a three-bedroom pool villas."

Amazing Koh Samui

As mentoined in a previous post, this isn't development, this is rape.

The once lush island of Koh Samui will soon be referred to as Koh Concrete(ski).

The funny thing was last year, Conrad had to postpone it's official opening due to the internal golf carts not having the power to climb the hills, som nom na!

Once, a long day travelling from the UK was made so easy and seemed worth it when sailing from Donsak to Samui and 'nearly home'.

It now feels like junction 5 on the M6...

At least they've sold one so progression can't be a bad thing right?

Edited by stanleyroad