Retirement Visa In Pattaya

wca01

"I'm going to Bangkok next Friday for an "income verification" letter from the US Embassy."

You can save a trip to Bangkok to get an income verification letter if you go to one of the Consular Outreach events that the U.S. Embassy has, usually twice per year in several towns around Thailand.

Here's the notice from this past November - they'll probably have another one soon - you could probably find out through the "Contact" on their WWW or direct eMail.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/consular_outr...taya_nov09.html

"I'm going to Bangkok next Friday for an "income verification" letter from the US Embassy."

You can save a trip to Bangkok to get an income verification letter if you go to one of the Consular Outreach events that the U.S. Embassy has, usually twice per year in several towns around Thailand.

Here's the notice from this past November - they'll probably have another one soon - you could probably find out through the "Contact" on their WWW or direct eMail.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/consular_outr...taya_nov09.html

Thanks, Surfrider. I've seen these outreach events in Pattaya, but I need to re-up the Visa before March 2 and those letters are only good for who knows how long, 30,60,90 days. Those outreach events are packed solid as well, sit for hours.

"those letters are only good for who knows how long, 30,60,90 days. Those outreach events are packed solid as well, sit for hours."

I use the outreach events every year -- Best to get there before they open and get your name near the top of processing the list. I was out of one in Pattaya last year about one hour after they opened, but if you don't get there early, it's anyone's guess how many people will be in front of you. Still better than wasting a day and cash on an unnecessary jaunt to BKK, IMHO.

In the past, Jomtien Immigration has accepted the Embassy letter if it's not more than one year old. In my case, the last letter was about 9 months old, but as we all know TiT ... :)

What do you mean by 'the lady who took a photo'? I got my third retirement extension (which I assume is what you're talking about, not a visa) last December, and nobody has ever taken a photo.

I just renewed my retirement visa in Jomtien today and they did take a "web cam" type photo immediately after I submitted my application.

This was my first renewal in Pattaya, the previous six were at Suan Plu, Bangkok. Some differences that I noticed in Pattaya:

1) I had to leave my passport overnight and can collect it the next day after 2 pm. In BKK I could renew my visa and re-entry permit in one day; not in Pattaya.

2) The reviewing officer wanted me to provide her with a copy of my apartment rental agrement when I returned to pick up my passpot. Never had to provide proof of residence in BKK.

3) Had to provide a bank balance letter even though I had a new US Embassy "Pension Verification" letter. Nevver had to have a bank + pension letter in BKK

Not a bad experience but a little more bureaucratic.

Many thanks to Lancelot for your post above and after reading it, I decided to bring along my condo rental agreement when applying this morning 15 February in Pattaya for retirement renewal (based on the 800,000 baht route). And as occured with you and as part of the usual paper work I was asked to provide a copy of the rental agreement and I submitted a copy of the first page of my rental agreement- and that was accepted as sufficient- for my application today, along of course with the other formalities like passport copy pages, bank letter and bank book copies etc.

Similarly I was told to return after 2pm the next day(tomorrow) for passport collection.

Edited by R123

Many thanks to Lancelot for your post above and after reading it, I decided to bring along my condo rental agreement when applying this morning 15 February in Pattaya for retirement renewal (based on the 800,000 baht route). And as occured with you and as part of the usual paper work I was asked to provide a copy of the rental agreement and I submitted a copy of the first page of my rental agreement...

At your service :D

The next day when I collected my passport, I didn't bother getting a que ticket, I just walked back to the last officer I had spoken with, presented my claim ticket and was on my way in 30 seconds :)