Tourist Visa's

i am currently on a tourist visa and have applied for this twice b4 here, the other night i was in talking to somebody that is on the same type of visa but has been here alot longer than me he also said that he might be having problems nxt time as he has applied so many times does any body know if this is true and wot we can do about it???

I have seen a post saying that Penang refused a new tourist visa. Other than that, I know of no other recent report about a Thai consulate refusing a new tourist visa without on a previous application having indicated that no further tourist visas would be issued to that person at that consulate.

--

Maestro

Penang have been refusing for some time to issue new tourist visas if the applicant has a previous extension from Thai immigration. Am aware of one Filipino national being refused another tourist visa at Vientiane, but may because was SEA national. The red warning stamp at Vientiane has been a hot topic since last September, and no reports so far of visa refusal for westerners without that stamp. Many consulates do, however, have notices displayed advising that a tourist visas may be refused if the consulate is of the opinion that the applicant is not a genuine tourist. With 2 tourist visas in your passport do not suspect you will have a problem.

For longer term stay, if not married to Thai, would suggest considering obtaining 12 month multiple entry Non-O visa from Perth on basis of visiting friends. Will need to take with you signed copy of ID card/passport of Thai friend. Will have to do border runs every 90 days; do a final border run just before the visa expires and get new 90 day permission to stay stretching the visa to 15 months.