Iphone Problem

TBWG

"Think" that you should be ok as long as you've backed up using iTunes...next time you connect it should restore.

Did you try a hard reset?

Hi BKKmick

Thanks for prompt response ~~~ did not have any sucess with hard reset option.

However I do have all the apps stored on Itunes on my PC, so should be able to reload them if I have to resort to restoring original factory settings. Do you agree?

Thanks

TBWG

I'd say I agree but my fingers would be crossed behind my back. I've never tried it but I can't see any reason that, if everything's backed-up via iTunes, it won't restore directly to your phone.

With other phones that have hung (and there have been many) I'd just whip out the battery and leave it for a while. Can't do that with this phone. Unfortunately.

hi,

Apple is amazing with this kind of stuff. Yes, you can safely do a hard reset. Any music or apps which you downloaded from iTunes and then synced to your phone will be stored on your PC. Also, any apps which you downloaded directly to your phone will have been synced to your PC. It is all managed in iTunes; dont worry - go ahead and reset. You can check the Apple website for more info.

Caveat and warning: Be careful if you have a jailbroken phone that's not factory unlocked. If you somehow get the new software, there's no way to restore the SIM unlock, meaning you can't use the phone as phone anymore.

If you have a factory unlocked phone either from True or somewhere else, you will be just fine. The backup/restore restores everything, including your history of text messages and call history, as well as music, images, etc. It's a perfect restore. I have used it to upgrade from a 2G iPhone to a 3GS - everything came back.

Caveat and warning: Be careful if you have a jailbroken phone that's not factory unlocked. If you somehow get the new software, there's no way to restore the SIM unlock, meaning you can't use the phone as phone anymore.

If you have a factory unlocked phone either from True or somewhere else, you will be just fine. The backup/restore restores everything, including your history of text messages and call history, as well as music, images, etc. It's a perfect restore. I have used it to upgrade from a 2G iPhone to a 3GS - everything came back.

Thanks folks

I have a kosher unlocked Iphone from True so no problem there. Anyway, I have restored it to original factory settings and sync'd it with PC and hey presto all back to normal.

To say I am relieved is an understatement as I only had it a week before I broke the screen (True do not sell any cases or protective film in my neck of the woods) and I had only got it back from repairers yesterday!

Can thoughly recommend "ITReady" in Bangkok who efficiently did repair and kept me advised. Farang owned and run and reasonable charges.

Thanks again

TBWG :)

I always take mine to MBK when something like this happens $10 and problem solved.

Wow - you guys all managed to break your screen? Never use a protective case and mine doesn't even have a scratch (courtesy of it being glass which doesn't scratch all that easily...)

I always take mine to MBK when something like this happens $10 and problem solved.

Wow - you guys all managed to break your screen? Never use a protective case and mine doesn't even have a scratch (courtesy of it being glass which doesn't scratch all that easily...)

phone in back pocket with lighter, sat down hard in jeep, screen broken. easy.

would always recommend a no glare scratch shield on glass, makes phone easier to use in the sun, and iff you do crack the screen, glass doesnt fall out and phone remains usable.