Briton Convicted After Having Fled To Thailand For 2 Years

Nearly100KmemberNumber

I would of kept the money and would not of gone home again. I wonder why he went home! I like crimes commited this way, it's like getting back at the establishment somehow.

Stealing a guy's retirement fund to punish the establishment for you wasting your life?

the bank would have been liable for making sure the guys retirement fund was put back. And I would certainly not have wasted my life, like I said, I would never have gone home again.

I would of kept the money and would not of gone home again. I wonder why he went home! I like crimes commited this way, it's like getting back at the establishment somehow.

Stealing a guy's retirement fund to punish the establishment for you wasting your life?

the bank would have been liable for making sure the guys retirement fund was put back. And I would certainly not have wasted my life, like I said, I would never have gone home again.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you specifically, just someone stealing to "punish the establishment" in general.

£9,700 in two years , where was he staying in a monastry or something. Responsible or what. Lucky if that would do some of us two months.

He should serve 10 years for being so stupid :D 60 years old !!! What an embarrassment to us seniors. :D

Yeah...and a right "Cheap Charley" at that ..gives us all a bad name ...even I would have spent more over a 2 year period......not much but ...still... :)

Wonder if he ever tipped the Patti Son Tail drivers..?? :D ....ha bt..?

For all those asking about why he returned, I would bet money (not 790,000 pounds tho) that he had made a deal and was returning to surrender to authorities.

This case is interesting.

I have an on line account with a UK bank in London.

Written in the bank's terms and conditions it mentions that if an on line customer accidentally sends money on line to a wrong account, then the responsibility is on the sender to get his/her money refunded from whoever the money was sent to at the discretion of the receiver and not the bank's responsibility.

Maybe if Mr Wilson had not done a runner and just said; I am considering this money as a gift, the bank would not had the powers legally to retrieve the money.

His situation was different that that described in your terms and conditions. He knowingly pretended to be someone else then asked for the money to be transferred. It wasn't an "accident," it was fraud.

I doubt it was a retirement fund,that would be wrapped up in pensions and stocks and shares wouldn"t it?

and i do not understand where the wasting your life came from! ah well!!

If you take into account the interest earned,i think he has provided them with a safe two years period(recession) ....in fact you could go as to far to say he has done them a favour!

In fact it must be a record bringing 790.000 pound into Thailand and in 2 years only spending 9.000!!!

Seems strange that he would have spent so little of his "windfall" over the course of two years, but if you consider that he probably had this money in an interest-bearing bank account somewhere and that he may well have spent all the interest earned in addition to the the 9000 quid of principal, then perhaps Mr Wilson is not as thrifty as we might otherwise suspect! :)

quote]

He should serve 10 years for being so stupid :D 60 years old !!! What an embarrassment to us seniors. :D

what a retard, i can't believe only retards like him get so lucky, why not me??? And they call him a common criminal the poor bugger lol the real criminals are the bankers indeed.

In holland a bank went bankrupt, the owner was on tv saying in grief that he really doesn't have anything left except 3 villas.....( thousends of people have barely food on their tables because they got scammed by this bank with mortgages and loans with 85% commission and very high interest so the people paid the monthly amount back but the initial loan could never be paid off because of the high interest.......the bank got into trouble and ceased to exist. Now central bank admitts that the same scamms are used by other banks too, but the other banks have a more varied services and much of their services are not scamms and are bigger so they can do their business ass usual and only DSB bank had to bleed ( the owner was dirk scheringa).

Wish this could happen to me, please please god :)

Gets more confusing.

Telegraph

Apparently the guy he impersonated was Charlie Brooker, big City player, PLUS he got a passport in the guys name so not a complete muppet and yet he went back....

A bit of a contrast from the story quoted in the OP which more or less implied that the money just fell into Wilson's lap.