South Pattaya Bar Raided By Police Following Report Of Explicit Shows At The Venue

Rimmer

In the early hours of Friday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Chusak from the National Police Anti-Trafficking Division conducted a raid on the Tahitian Queen Bar located in South Pattaya following a report that explicit shows were taking place at the venue, located on Pattaya Beach Road. The team of officers arrived and noticed a show was taking place on a stage. The female performers were not wearing any cloths and were detained along with the manager of the venue Khun Prasai aged 47. The licenses for the venue were checked and it was found that the license holder for the venue is Khun Anop who is currently being sought by Police. The arrestees were taken to Pattaya Police Station for processing, however the venue is expected to be open for business as usual over the weekend.

www.pattayaone.net

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-02-12

post-22250-1265968977_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1265968996_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1265969010_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1265969024_thumb.jpg

Not sure on how correct the reporting on this one is.

TQ on Beach road is not really South Pattaya and AFAIK they never really had any "lewd" shows. Some nudity, maybe...

Anyway, if those places are going to get targeted, times for Pattaya are looking bleak indeed.

I will not put any names as to the owners of the place, but I think it is a well known fact that they are the driving force behind one of the biggest money/fund generating yearly event....

I will not put any names as to the owners of the place, but I think it is a well known fact that they are the driving force behind one of the biggest money/fund generating yearly event....

Probably the bib is well aware of this and they try to "redirect" some of that money.

If I were to be cynical, I would note that this raid wasn't by our usual BIB but by the National Police Anti-Trafficking Division, suggesting either:

1. They had (almost certainly incorrect, given the mild nature of the venue) information about Laos/underage girls or, most likely

2. This was part of a turf encroachment, and they now want some payments from bar owners, and this was all about putting the frighteners on everyone by going for a long-established bar as a target?

UPDATE

Popular “A Go Go” Bar Raided by Pattaya Police

The Officers ordered the music to be turn off and the lights to be switched on, before they arrest the women, taking them to the Pattaya Police station. The dancers were charged with public indecency and fined 1,000 baht each before being released.

www.pattayadailynews.

HERE

??????? This raid is very strange. TQ is as much as a "icon" in Pattaya as KFC. It has been here forever and..yes, at certain times the ladies may have their tops off, but this isn't anything unusual for the girlie go-go bars in Pattaya. Many of us can point out worse places down the side sois of Walking Street or elsewhere.

The two owners are well known in the "old Pattaya club" and are respected for their involvement in community charities. I wonder if they forgot to pay off the cops???????

UPDATE

Popular “A Go Go” Bar Raided by Pattaya Police

The Officers ordered the music to be turn off and the lights to be switched on, before they arrest the women, taking them to the Pattaya Police station. The dancers were charged with public indecency and fined 1,000 baht each before being released.

www.pattayadailynews.

HERE

It IS the well-known, well-connected TQ. Ha!

But the update says merely "semi-naked." Maybe the raid was during the brief topless show. Hardly much to get excited about but I guess coin didn't find its way into the right pockets, hence the raid.

I trust no permanent harm has been done; most raided bars come right back. Nor is this the only raid on TQ in its long history.

I'd miss the TQ a lot if it shut down (inconceivable), rock music in go-gos so very rare nowadays--though recently the music in TQ is too loud (after all these years of always having exactly the right volume on the fantastic sound system); and now the DJ plays far too much adolescent metal-wannabe crap like Nickelback. Most go-go patrons are oblivious to the music, however, which works to the favor of Thai DJs. At least I can't remember ever having heard "Hotel California" there. But that's all a different topic . . . .

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder whether TQ1 and TQ2 are still under the same management. TQ1 on Beach road is an institution but TQ2 is different, although design and music are about the same.

AFAIK they are not, knew a previous co-owner of TQ2 and as far as I know he had nothing to do with TQ1.