Abu Dhabi .. Layover En Route To Uk

taxexile

travelling to manchester via abu-D next month, my wife has Thai and UK passports.

she leaves thailand on the thai passport and enters the uk on her uk passport.

when arriving for the 2 or 3 hour layover in abu-D, which passport should she present to the security/immigration , the uk one with no exit stamp from thailand, the thai one with no visa for the uk, or both?

i have heard that the officials there can be difficult.

thanks.

You will only be transittiting at Abu dhabi so no need to worry to much about showing passports there,you will not be going through immigration....you only show your passport to trained monkeys when getting back on the plane,probably show the uk one i would think.

Never had a problem there very relaxed airport,not difficult like bigger airports.

Edited by NADTATIDA1

I went through there with my children. As far as I remember I showed UK passports for my children and I think on the way back someone asked to see Thai passports - it was no hassle though they are very pleasant and efficient.

It's not immigration but sometimes they want to see when you board.

As replied you are only in transit, you will not receive a stamp in your passport unless you plan on entering the country, which means going thru immigration and customs. As far as I know you will not even show your passport except for identification to board your ongoing flight.