Looking For Issan Food Restaurant

rmicheald

I took my girlfriend to an Issan restaurant about a year ago. I think it was on 3rd road just down from Pattaya Klang, but I am not sure.

Anyone know of any good Issan style restaurants? Please give the location and directions.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I can think of two Isaan restaurants, both run by the same family: -

Jay-Baan 1 is on 3rd Road, about opposite to the big Honda m/c shop. Between Klang and Tai. This may be the one that you're thinking about.

Jay-Baan 2 is on Threpprasit Road, next to the Great American Rib Company.

I prefer the one on Threpprasit as the environment is better but the menu is the same at both places. For a good laugh, read the English translation of the Thai menu. :)

DM

Good Esarn food.

This restaurant is located at the top of Soi 5 off Pratamnak Road, it is called the Nawab Esarn and Seafood Restaurant that offers a wide choice of exotic Indian,

Thai, 'Esarn' and European food at exceptionally good prices all under one roof.

There are three kitchens each dedicated to creating delicious authentic Indian, Thai and Esarn cuisine.

The Esarn (North Eastern Thailand) Kitchen boasts 28 dishes ranging from 35 baht for Somtam (Papaya Salad) to 320 baht for Steamed Fish with Spicy Sauce and Vegetables. The popular Esarn delicacy called Larb (Pork liver) is 90 baht.

Excellent parking facilities at side of restaurant! Open every day from 8am until midnight.

Telephone: 038 364 392.

This is another Esarn style restaurant

Esarn restaurant in the Weekender Hotel on Pattaya Second Road (between Alcazar and Big C).

Edited by nam-thip

Vientienne is good. on South about a kilometer from Sukhumvit on the left hand side. extremely large parking lot!

A bit off topic but when was your last dine at Vientiane? The wife and I are regulars there but when we visited the last couple of times (before Christmas), the quality and freshness of the fish had gone off. My son likes to go look at all the fish in the tanks at the back and I must say there was some seriously old fish in there the last time... I swear one of them winked at me as if to remind me we had met before! Notably less diners too.

Or the OP may be thinking of the restaurant on Pattayaklang halfway between Carrefour and the Flying Vegetable restaurant - on the opposite side of Pattayaklang ie the south side, 200 yards east of the Third Road/Pattayaklang crossroads.

I think the name of the restaurant is 'Isaan Food' (but it's only written in Thai so I'm not sure).

Or the OP may be thinking of the restaurant on Pattayaklang halfway between Carrefour and the Flying Vegetable restaurant - on the opposite side of Pattayaklang ie the south side, 200 yards east of the Third Road/Pattayaklang crossroads.

I think the name of the restaurant is 'Isaan Food' (but it's only written in Thai so I'm not sure).

More precisely, the corner of Pattayaklang and Soi 3 :)

Vientienne is good. on South about a kilometer from Sukhumvit on the left hand side. extremely large parking lot!

A bit off topic but when was your last dine at Vientiane? The wife and I are regulars there but when we visited the last couple of times (before Christmas), the quality and freshness of the fish had gone off. My son likes to go look at all the fish in the tanks at the back and I must say there was some seriously old fish in there the last time... I swear one of them winked at me as if to remind me we had met before! Notably less diners too.

we go at least twice a month. more so that it's convenient. i despise the fact that i have to eat food or else i'll die. but i do have the sea bass from time to time and have also noticed it's decline in the last couple of months. however, was there 2 weeks ago and ordered it and it was actually quite good.