Need Some Info On Phuket

mayuri

we are traveling to phuket 1st time

need info like

* can i take 1 tour covering Phi Phi and Phang Nga, i don't want to take seperate tour and how much is approx cost?

* what is the starting point of Phi Phi, Phang Nga tours?

* what are reviews of Phuket Fantasea

thanks for replying

Edited by mayuri

I think you're possibly trying to do too much in one day. Set your priorities, where do you really want to see? Of the Phang Nga Bay/Phi Phi options, my choice would be for Phang Nga Bay. Get a local tour, they'll pick you up at the hotel and get you to the boat terminal, and relax.

Phuket Fantasea, unless you seriously want to see a big show in an overpriced, tourist ridden environment, forget it. The kind of thing you do if there isn't anything more interesting to do. Pardon the element of cynicism, but I took my mother there a year ago, and cringed at the irony of my wife paying half the price of my ticket, because she's Thai. Better things to do in the evening in Phuket than this, believe me.

Take a boat from Phuket to Phi Phi (about one hour) and stay one/two nights, in the morning take the boat to Ao Nang (Krabi), about one more hour. Take local transportation and go see Phang Nga Bay and then come back the same way - maybe spend one night in Ao Nang and go to Ralai (sp) Beach, it's rated as one of the top ten beaches in the world.

Sadly I can't recommend Phuket Fantasea, it's overpriced, over rated and the waste of a good evening (in my view).

Edited by chiang mai

Both myself and my Thai BF loved Phuket Fantasea ... I do have to say that we got screaming good tickets at a travel fair in BKK for it. You can dicker over the price for it with the travel agencies that book it. There is a LOT of give in the price of the basic ticket but that gets eaten up when you add the dinner and the transpo from hotel to Kamala Beach and back.

There are a few tours that combine PhiPhi and James bond island I think (or Maya bay?). We do prefer Krabi over Phuket, but we are not really into the nightlife. (That being said we like to stay in Ao Nang, Krabi and not at Raileh beach due to a lack of much of anything to do at night).

Pick WHERE in Phuket that you want to stay with a real eye for what you like to do. If you aren't into the crazy nightlife (and sleaze) scene you might want to pick anywhere on the island other than Patong. I lived in Kamala for a year and loved it .. but it is quiet ... Kata and Karen areas are a bit more lively.

Don't know how old you are but i find Nai harn ,has as little or as much as you want and a great beach, there is a nice 61 ft yawl that will take you to Phi Phi or where ever you want to go.

If you need more info let me know.