Child Guarantee License Info Required

Hi Folks,

I am trying to find out about the Child Guarantee License required by the Australian Embassy in Bangkok for Australian fathers to apply for Australian citizenship for their Thai born children. (Children of Thai mother.)

I would appreciate any advice about where to get the License from- and what exactly it is. I'm assuming it is something that you get from the District Office when you register the birth? Our lawyer has never heard of it.

Check with the embassy but I think that what you require is a Federal Police check relating to children...In Australia it would result in getting a "Working with Children " clearence.

try

http://www.afp.gov.au/business/national_police_checks.html

Thanks Harry,

I have spoken to the Embassy and it is a document issued here in Thailand. The person I spoke to said our Lawyer would know but he has never heard of it. I am checking with the District Office to find out if they know anything.

I am sure it must be the report of birth that you personally make. If Hospital or someone else makes the report it is not considered that you are the legal father from my understanding - only when you do yourself.

Thanks very much Lopburi,

That sounds like it. Where is this normally done?

Kind Regards,

Richard