Quirks

ProfessorFart

Do you do anything which to you seems the most natural thing in the World, but the Thais just can't seem to fathom?

There seems to be 2 things I do which really fogs them.

I get into town on average twice a week to drop off work from clients or to collect new work. Naturally enough when I go I'm 'suited and booted' but as soon as I'm done with the boss I'm straight in the bogs and slamming on my funky shorts, Nikes and T Shirt before I leave.

The two girls on reception in one place always pull me on it. They just don't get the fact that I can't be doing with going around town looking like Bertie Wooster especially as my next port of call is usually the boozer.

"Before you handsome now you're not" they cry although this is tosh as I look like a million dollars in my Rock togs.

My second is that when I get to the boozer, at least for the first hour, I like to blow my brains out with some quality metal and not really talk to anyone until the cobwebs are blown away.

Pals appreciate this and tend to leave me be but the staff just come in a stream yak yakking away. When I politely explain that I'm listening to a bit of Slayer or Opeth and will chat later, they take umbrage and get all huffy but I've done this for years and most of the staff know this yet still they come week in week out....

Rummy!

Quirks that tickle me. I am still used to holding doors open for people if they are following me. I like to let the door slam in my face and just stand their flumuxed when I follow a thai person into 7/11 for example. I walk in behind them and its almost like they are trying to slide through the smallest gap lest any precious air be leaking. ALmost never does anyone hold the door.

ANother one:

Thais think its really rude when I vomit in their dinner. I agree its not nice but in only happens when I am surrounded by a table of Thais eating with their mouths open. I can take it for so long and then I just barf whatever I ate that made it down. Few things more nauseating than looking at someone eating without closing their mouth.

There are more...