Sachs Madbum Thing . . . 125cc

MJP

A friend of mine rented one for a day just to see what it was like

He returned it in under two hours vowing never to ride one again.

I think the price is about 60K, too.

Thank you for that information, you just saved me 40k of these Thai Baht pieces of paper.

Have a beer. If you don't drink. Make a nice cup of tea for yourself.

A friend of mine rented one for a day just to see what it was like

He returned it in under two hours vowing never to ride one again.

I think the price is about 60K, too.

Can you please tell why your friend vowed to never ride this bike again? What was so bad that he didn't ride it longer and how big is this guy? I am quite interested on that bike myself but am still to test one.

thank you.

I rode one in BKK (the bigger one) when they first came out (and before the large one was released here) ... It was FUN! It needed the seat recushioned for it to have ever been comfy for my fatass!

I did meet a chap in Phnom Penh with one, it's a very interesting 'device'. He loved it, but he'd never ridden bikes before so I guess had no other reference point by which to judge the thing.

It does look ideal for 'rownd these yer' parts'.

It looks cool and it works good. But for choice the seat is much to far from the handlebar. I sit on it like a monkey. I prefer the KIASS, a real cool thing. Better than a KSR.

The handlebar-seat distance wasn't an issue for me at all. Then again I sit on the "back seat" of my Joker. I have some long arms and legs. It does keep me from taking passengers and that imho is a good thing!

Okay, biker nut Ken (does global tours on XT's) said . . .

Poor build quality, very I've watched the one that is in Bury Motorcycles (which I visit now and again) rust and it is in a heated warehouse and has never seen rain.

From people who've owned them on another forum, they say MPG is good but the brakes are too powerful for such a small machine, ergo it is easy to lock the front up and throw yourself off.

Heh I could probably make one using a petrol chain saw and a bicycle.

mjp, the only real way to check about this bike is to actually ride it- looking for bad comments all over the internet will leave you buying nothing 'cause every bike in the world has some people that may not like it... here is a picture of a "Touring madass" from some guy in Honduras doing longer trips...

post-96635-1266315845_thumb.jpg

mjp, the only real way to check about this bike is to actually ride it- looking for bad comments all over the internet will leave you buying nothing 'cause every bike in the world has some people that may not like it... here is a picture of a "Touring madass" from some guy in Honduras doing longer trips...

post-96635-1266315845_thumb.jpg

Very true. I'm a bit stuck out in the sticks though, the only thing you can test ride out here has horns on it.