Mobile Internet

oggie911

can any one tell me what i would need for mobile internet in sircha and around pattaya have netbook what do i need as i am not great at internet connections or routers, i use a dongle in ireland on 3g hutison network and just top up online at home will be in thailand approx 6 months, appartment in pattaya has no internet,so can any one tell me what i will need please :)thank you

Bring your dongle. AIS 1-2 call sim card from 7/11 49 baht then 120 baht for 30 hours, 520 baht for 250 hours or 1000 baht unlimited. All per month. All pay as you go just top up before the month is up. :)

can i get the dongle unblocked as it connect to hutchison 3 network in ireland and if so where thanks

Bring your dongle. AIS 1-2 call sim card from 7/11 49 baht then 120 baht for 30 hours, 520 baht for 250 hours or 1000 baht unlimited. All per month. All pay as you go just top up before the month is up. :)

can i get the dongle unblocked as it connect to hutchison 3 network in ireland and if so where thanks

If Hutchinson is the same as three.ie then the dongle will be locked. No idea on how to unlock it, I think the unlock codes are for sale for about 9 Pounds.

Alternatively you can buy a cheap one over here, costs about 2,000 Baht.

Do not that we're only having GPRS/EDGE in Pattaya, no 3G, so speeds are limited to about 0,1 to 0,2 Mbps compared to the 1 to 3 Mbps you'll get on 3G!

OK for a bit of surfing and checking e-mails, streaming radio will work most of the time, but forget downloading big files and streaming video...

VOIP (skype etc) will also not work properly most of the time.

if you have this dongle go to this site and you can do it for free i have used it many time always worked when you have done it to install it you need the click my computer then you will see your dongle plugged in right click on it and open explore then click on the install that shows up it will install the soft ware and away you go

http://www.jhangra.com/blog/2009/07/how-to...oadband-dongle/

• 2 weeks later...

if you google unlock dongle a few sites on there. i paid 2 and neither work. some of them offer to do it for you send it to them. its the AIS one you asked me about, also tried to unlock 3 dongle did not work. internet thailand night mare i now have 2 dongles and 3 routers all from differnt providers.

Hi Nalak

I've used DC-Unlocker (Google it) twice so far once last year on my brothers Sierra Wireless card and again this year on a cheapo UK '3' locked Huawei E156 (connected on DTAC with it now!). The first one was simple the Huawei took a few goes to get my laptop to recognise the dongle properly. You just download their software which should then recognise and read youre dongle then you register and buy credit on their website which is recognised by the software and used to unlock your dongle. A further slight complication is that for dongles like the Huawei that have a customised /locked connection dashboard you'll need to get a generic one from your dongle manufacturers website, DC Unlockers' forum has links.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by RetroGTAndrew