Personal Trainer

HarryLL76

Does any of you guys use a personal trainer in Bangkok? If so, how much do they charge per session? Is it possible to negotiate the cost based on the number of sessions? In addition, what is your opinion of their training skills?

Thank you in advance

or www.bangkokfitnessanywhere.com

Thank you BangkokPT for the information. I am sure that your company provides excellent service.

However, it appears that your company provides trainers mainly for in-home, office or other private locations. I am retired thus I have lots of free time and I would like to go to a gym if for no other reason than to get out of my apartment. I am interested in joining a gym and using the service of a personal trainer in that gym facility. This is not to say that working out in the condo fitness room is a bad thing. I want to be in the present of other people from time to time.

I am not sure, but I would hope that if I used a personal trainer that is in the gym, the cost would be a bit lower than $30 per hour.

or www.bangkokfitnessanywhere.com

Thank you BangkokPT for the information. I am sure that your company provides excellent service.

However, it appears that your company provides trainers mainly for in-home, office or other private locations. I am retired thus I have lots of free time and I would like to go to a gym if for no other reason than to get out of my apartment. I am interested in joining a gym and using the service of a personal trainer in that gym facility. This is not to say that working out in the condo fitness room is a bad thing. I want to be in the present of other people from time to time.

I am not sure, but I would hope that if I used a personal trainer that is in the gym, the cost would be a bit lower than $30 per hour.

Sure i understand. Yes i think cascade is good and the trainers there are decent too. I also would recommend you have a look at the true fitness and fitness first ( sathorn too) they have good trainers too and rate from 20USD to 30USD depends on their experience.

I can only state that my wife goes to Fitness First in Sathorn (Q House) and is very happy with her personal trainer (Bob). Price is all part of a package with a discount if you keep coming (fidelity premium?), so not sure what it is. I believe their internet site will have more info. Since you are retired you could possibly go there yourself to get info. It is by the Lumpini Station MRT.

My wife also goes to Pilatus training on Sukhumvit (above Olive Restaurant) and is also ery happy there, perhaps an alternative although it is a smaller studio.

Hope this helps

Ive recently been going to True Fitness and the trainers there are terrible they get their clients lifting relatively heavy weights where they struggle to do 6/7 reps., be careful there seems to be lots of chancers doing this job ..... as youre retired im presuming youre above 55 so try light jogging, cycling, long walks to start with, and should you do weights make sure you do at least 10/12 reps of everything fairly slowly, and more importantly make sure youre not overly struggling to do the full 10/12 .... and make sure you are doing the exercise properly.

As for the price of 30USD per hour, im betting in the chain gyms thatll be about average as the gym and the trainer both need their cut.

Edited by whichschool