Garden Cliff Resort And Spa Pattaya Racist Policies

smeeuk

This is an awareness problem on the OP's part. Check in with the 2nd person and there are no fee or id card issues. Not that you won't be sometimes confronted upon returning at night, but if the person is registered, you're on your way. From the hotel's point of view, having an unknown person roaming the halls at night is not a good thing.

Also, I don't see mention of the 1,000 baht being claimed as a photocopy fee in the OP. It was clearly a joiner fee without any disguise as the discussion with the gf indicated. Many of the resorts in Pattaya charge pretty high joiner fees, which I think are designed to discourage that activity. But again, this doesn't come into play if the second person is registered.

On my last trip, after having had some newly made friends stay over (and needing to leave ids), my ex-gf stayed the last 3 nights. I simply went to the front desk, said my ex was going to stay with me and they just added her name to the room. She just showed her id when she arrived with her bag. After that, no one asked for id in spite of my ex dressing a little trashy.

Does not matter where my Thai wife and I stay in Thailand

Even when we both check in and sign the check in forms, half

the time she still gets asked for ID almost every time she

re-enters the hotel.

She got mad the first few times it happened, but now just expects it.

It is not racist it is just part and parcel of staying in a hotel in

a country well known for sex trade