Truck Needed - Hh To Bkk To Hh

Richie1971

Hi,

I need to take my Kawasaki 250 to Bangkok for a service in a couple of weeks - I would ride it but the round about route you need to take (no expressway, only certain bridges etc) make it a complete pain in the arse plus the bike gets warm crawling through BKK traffic.

Does anyone have a decent sized pick up that can accomplish this? Or know someone who has? I will of course pay or even leave my car for use whilst I am up in BKK for the day.(A full tank of fuel provided) (Can't use my own - Triton Plus - to small)

Any advice, offers, phone numbers, prices much appreciated

Needed from approximately 6am to 6pm on a weekday

Cheers

Richie

There is a guy near the train station that I rented a car from and he also had two different kinds trucks for rent.

His prices were reasonable as well.

Sorry, but couldn't find his phone number.

If you are standing in front of the train station looking towards the center of town, turn right.

You will then see a 7 Eleven with a row of shops behind it.

Go to the last row of shops (there are 2 or 3) and the guy will be on the left hand side of that row about half way down....you may not see the trucks there as the parking lot was full when we went so he parked them somewhere else.

I don't know if the guy is still there as its been a while since in HH. There used to be a Harley shop next to the Easyriders bar on the back rd where the driving range is. Guy called Bob used to run it and the headstone riders. The guy who owned the shop had bikes going to and from BKK to HH on a regular basis. you could always pop in and ask when he was next up there. The other option is to take it up on the train. Get into BKK then simply ride it to the shop.

I don't know if the guy is still there as its been a while since in HH. There used to be a Harley shop next to the Easyriders bar on the back rd where the driving range is. Guy called Bob used to run it and the headstone riders. The guy who owned the shop had bikes going to and from BKK to HH on a regular basis. you could always pop in and ask when he was next up there. The other option is to take it up on the train. Get into BKK then simply ride it to the shop.

Thanks for that guys - didn't think about the train

cheers

I don't own a bike but I'm curious... why do you need to take it to Bangkok for service with all the bike shops in Hua Hin?

Same reason you'd go to a hospital outside of HH rather than risk it at SP (but that's another thread).

Because they don't have Kawasaki dealer in HH - The sell on value is much better with a full service history from the manufacturer.

I wouldn't trust most of the big bike mechanics here with my bicycle or the remote control from my TV for that matter - experience

I don't own a bike but I'm curious... why do you need to take it to Bangkok for service with all the bike shops in Hua Hin?

Same reason you'd go to a hospital outside of HH rather than risk it at SP (but that's another thread).

Because they don't have Kawasaki dealer in HH - The sell on value is much better with a full service history from the manufacturer.

I wouldn't trust most of the big bike mechanics here with my bicycle or the remote control from my TV for that matter - experience

totally agree with you

Your Tritons bed is 15 cm shorter than my Vigo 4 door. My kwaker Ninja 650R is no probs in my Vigo, done 1000s km. I think your 250 has shorter wheelbase than my 650, so I would give it a try. If you succeed, remember a red cloth on bikes rear, or the bikes parking lights on when dark

and I would check if there is a kwaker dealer in Petchburi or Pranbury

how many kms your bike done?

Might just be a case of changing the oil and oil filter.

6473km - I'm past the official 6k mark - get the oil changed every 1500km - just can't trust the Bigger Bike 'experts here' - You know the scenario ' Job is quoted at 850baht and upon completion its 1250baht and I'm not sure they even done anything - Cheapo Brake fluid, cheapo oil etc

totally agree with you

Your Tritons bed is 15 cm shorter than my Vigo 4 door. My kwaker Ninja 650R is no probs in my Vigo, done 1000s km. I think your 250 has shorter wheelbase than my 650, so I would give it a try. If you succeed, remember a red cloth on bikes rear, or the bikes parking lights on when dark

and I would check if there is a kwaker dealer in Petchburi or Pranbury

Thanks mate - It definitely won't go in and although I could probably jam it in somehow I'd rather pay someone!!!

Cheers

I understand why you would want to go to a K dealer for service (in Bangkok). I have a CRV and I will only take it back to the Honda dealer for service (except tires and batteries) but just for informational purposes, I asked a friend of mine who has three bikes (one a big one) where he gets his serviced and he likes the big (but messy he said) shop on the left hand side going up the Pala'u road right next to and immediately past the Phoenix bar. He says they do good work, do things other shops in Hua Hin can't, and always charge the same as they quote which he recons is also very reasonable.

I understand why you would want to go to a K dealer for service (in Bangkok). I have a CRV and I will only take it back to the Honda dealer for service (except tires and batteries) but just for informational purposes, I asked a friend of mine who has three bikes (one a big one) where he gets his serviced and he likes the big (but messy he said) shop on the left hand side going up the Pala'u road right next to and immediately past the Phoenix bar. He says they do good work, do things other shops in Hua Hin can't, and always charge the same as they quote which he recons is also very reasonable.

Cheers HH - Where is this place - not familiar with the 'Phoenix Bar' - I did know of one on the hill up to the Pala'u road called CP? But they are cowboys to say the least. I also know of a big bike place along the Klong Road - Harleys etc. Any extra info you provide as to the location of the place your friend goes would be much appreciated

Cheers

Cheers HH - Where is this place - not familiar with the 'Phoenix Bar' - I did know of one on the hill up to the Pala'u road called CP? But they are cowboys to say the least. I also know of a big bike place along the Klong Road - Harleys etc. Any extra info you provide as to the location of the place your friend goes would be much appreciated

Cheers

When you head up the Pala U road after turning left where the canal road starts (near the driving range), it's only about a kilometer (or less) on the left side. Watch for the Phoenix Bar (only bar in that row of shops) and it's immediately past it. Their quality of work is strictly 2nd hand info for me mind you. As I said I don't have a bike. My friend who uses them has a 450cc on/off road bike (not sure of the brand but Kawasaki sounds familiar and he is out of town at the moment so I can't ask) but he goes there for service and likes them. Also, his bike was purchased 2nd hand, not from a dealer so maybe that's why he's not as picky about who services it. Ride by, take a look at the place, talk to them, and decide for yourself. You still may be better off taking it to Bangkok but that seems like a lot of trouble for bike service.

Cheers

CP has moved. I dont want to comment on the quality of these places, but you need a kwaker workshop to service your kwaker. Fuel injection and your 2 years kwaker warranty are 2 reasons. original kwaker oilfilter is a 3rd reason. 4th reason correct engine oil (wet clutch). expect 45 minutes and 300 baht for work, including computer diagnosis.

Just know for a fact your Ninja 250 goes into your 4 door Triton bed with open hatch, friend just did it with a Ninja 650. Most of rear wheel is still inside. 3-4 straps to hold it. red cloth waving from rearwheel in daytime. bikes parking light on (ignition key all the way right when engine off) at night. Remember to bring reg book, as this is often required on province border checks

CP has moved. I dont want to comment on the quality of these places, but you need a kwaker workshop to service your kwaker. Fuel injection and your 2 years kwaker warranty are 2 reasons. original kwaker oilfilter is a 3rd reason. 4th reason correct engine oil (wet clutch). expect 45 minutes and 300 baht for work, including computer diagnosis.

Just know for a fact your Ninja 250 goes into your 4 door Triton bed with open hatch, friend just did it with a Ninja 650. Most of rear wheel is still inside. 3-4 straps to hold it. red cloth waving from rearwheel in daytime. bikes parking light on (ignition key all the way right when engine off) at night. Remember to bring reg book, as this is often required on province border checks

I agree, if your bike is still in manufacturer's warranty, I would take it to an authorized dealer.

Post reads "Big Bike" just got off the floor after laughing so hard. Kawa 250 is for 17 yr olds, if you have a Honda Sonic 125 the next step would be a Honda 400.

If you consider a Kawa 250 a big bike what would you call a Harley or a Honda Gold Wing? Huge Enormous Gigantic Bike?

Also there is a guy telling everyone where he takes his CRV, OFF POST AND WHO CARES.

I take my Honda Civic to Honda to keep up the warranty, off post but expected on this site.

Post reads "Big Bike" just got off the floor after laughing so hard. Kawa 250 is for 17 yr olds, if you have a Honda Sonic 125 the next step would be a Honda 400.

If you consider a Kawa 250 a big bike what would you call a Harley or a Honda Gold Wing? Huge Enormous Gigantic Bike?

Also there is a guy telling everyone where he takes his CRV, OFF POST AND WHO CARES.

I take my Honda Civic to Honda to keep up the warranty, off post but expected on this site.

Thai government consider bikes 100-200cc small bikes, sold and serviced in every town in LOS. 250cc up are bigbikes, and there are not many bigbikes sold officially in LOS. kwaker Ninja250, 650 and 1000 is among them

Honda 400 or Goldwing is not officially sold in LOS

OK there's always one wick - The bike is nearly the same size (frame, chassis etc) as a 600, 750 whatever and compared to a Wave etc it is a big bike at least to bung in the back of a pick up. FYI - I call Harleys and Goldwings - Harleys and Goldwings.