Remote Control Model Aircraft

thaimate

The model shop in Soi Khow Noi is now closed.

I noticed there's an A4 paper pinned on the frontage which might indicate where they've moved to.

Found some info which is a bit dated but could be helpful.

Here is the link:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Radio-Contro...nes-t87295.html

Hi,

I fly R/C planes but am still pretty new to the sport having started last Sept. There's quite a few farangs and Thais flying both planes and helis. around Pattaya and there are some shops but if you are an expert, they probably won't accommodate your needs. One of the best stocked shops for planes, helis and cars is the one at the top end of Soi Khao Noi, opposite end to Suk. Rd. Phone no. 0848667972. I'm not sure exactly the opening times but it's best to go after lunch. The shop is the last shop-house on the left before the left-hand bend. About 100metres past the Red Lion. There is even a flying field across the road. There is another model shop on the Suk. Rd. about half way between P. Klang and P. Nua, beach side of road, just about where the U turn as been blocked off. There are at least 2 more places where you can buy kit but they are limited and usually have to order from Bangkok. One is at the Perfect Mansion apt. house just up the road from the Differ pub, sort of behind City Hall. The other is at Soi 14/1 Naklua. When travelling towards Naklua, turn left at 14/1. go to first X rds. and turn left, the shop is about 100 mts. on right. There is a model car track in front. There may be other shops I haven't mentioned here.

There is a fairly good model shop at Bang Saree but it's not easy to find. It is sign posted but the signs are all in Thai. PM me if you want further details. There is also a model shop at Si Racha who deals mainly in big gas planes and another one at Rayong which as yet I've not found.

If you are interested there is usually a good gathering of flyers at the elephant village every Sat. and Sun. afternoons, 3.00pm onwards. The elephant village is the one that is sign posted from the bottom end of Soi Nung Plabwan.

Well that should keep you busy for a while, PM me if you want any more info.

Pete.

http://www.pattayarcflyingclub.com/forum/ They post pics most weeks, very informal and very helpful Thai guys there. There is one guy who makes some nice starter planes.

Forum is in Thai but has an English section

Pattaya r/c flying club:

Follow signs for elephant village from Soi Siam Country Club - X rds. just past driving range,

turn right on Nongprue Rd. towards Soi Nung Plabwan. At eastern end of Soi Nung Plabwan

( Temple ) follow sign post for elephant village.You will pass elephant village on rht. hand side,

after last of their buildings ( shacks ) immediately turn right on dirt track. Follow track for 100

metres, when you pass line of bushes you emerge at flying field. You will see the track leads to a

few out buildings.

When:- The main days are Sat. & Sun. afternoons, weather permitting! The field is open everyday so you

can fly when it suits you.

Models:- Mainly fixed wing planes ( IC & electric ) helis ( likewise ) There is a cement runway although

this is not in too good condition. ( If enough members sign up we are hoping to improve this ) It

is all the same usable and is OK for up to 8 feet wingspan. There is no track for r/c cars although

occasionally people bring them to have a blast about in the grass. There is a lake for model boats.

The club as been there for a few years and just recently the running as been taken over by some of the guys who fly. Membership for 1 year is 1000 baht. which allows you to fly when you want. Casual flyers pay 30 baht. per day. There is a young Thai guy who lives on site, he takes care of the place, cuts the grass etc. There is no food for sale although at weekends there are sometimes food venders and icecream sellers. On a nice afternoon it's a pleasant place to bring a picnic!

If you need any more info. let me know. Otherwise just turn up one Sun. afternoon about 3.30 - 4.00 pm. Everybody is very friendly and only too willing to help beginners or old time flyers.

Hi,

The first thing to tell your brother in law is check out the link http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Radio-Contro...nes-t87295.html

There's directions in the link to Pattaya R/C club next to Elephant village.

There's someone at the field most afternoons from 4.00pm. Sundays is the most popular.

Go along and have a look, ask questions and get to know if this is what he really wants. ( unless he is already experienced and just needs the model shop)

Everybody is friendly and will help him.

As for a model shop, there is one just off the Suk. Rd. about half way between Klang and Nua. On the west side of Suk. rd. there is a DiY/furniture store called something like Boomalong ( sp ) the model shop is located in the little soi next to this shop. There is a sign on the Suk. rd. The shop is called HooHa r/c and fishing (sp) He doesn't open until after lunch?

The shop on Khao Noi that is presently closed is supposed to open again shortly but we don't know the date. Opposite this shop a few guys fly helicopters most days.

Another model shop is located at Bang Saree. Many of the guys who fly planes get their models from Bangkok ( can be shipped over night ) or from Hong Kong ( takes 1 week+ for shipping )

Hope this helps.

Pictures from the club:-

http://www.rcthailand.net/webboard/index.p...amp;topic=130.4

Edited by monsieurhappy