Budget Car Rental For 3-5 Days

braindead

Looking @ a Honda Jazz or Toyota Vios/Altis for 3-5 Days in Chiang Mai towards the end of this month. Other models would be fine as long not too old ones. Need for transport of my customers.

Anyone knows any company offering either of these cars for 900-1000THB. Online pricings are 1350THB slightly over my budget , help will be great appriciated.

THanks in advance.

Do not book online because you can never negotiate the rate. As my experience, I did rent a Honda Jazz for 700 baht for 5 days in Chiangmai but unfortunately I did not keep the receipt. I went around to search somewhere in Tapae area. Well, advise to you, walk around or call them to speak to them. I'm sure you will get that amount. 1300 baht is way too expensive to rent it. Good luck hope this help!!!!

Do not book online because you can never negotiate the rate. As my experience, I did rent a Honda Jazz for 700 baht for 5 days in Chiangmai but unfortunately I did not keep the receipt. I went around to search somewhere in Tapae area. Well, advise to you, walk around or call them to speak to them. I'm sure you will get that amount. 1300 baht is way too expensive to rent it. Good luck hope this help!!!!

I have rented from a few outlets in CM and 1,300 baht a day (for 1-2 days) appears to be the norm, although this can increase in holiday times.

Budget (next to Airport Plaza) are ok, as are Ruby (053-115801) but the cheapest car I got was from a firm (Joy?) near Thapae Gate for 1000 baht a day - but it appeared to be an ex- cop car and was not good.

Good luck

Rgds

Edited by piercefilmlid

For your information, rather than help ; I just returned a Honda Jazz -nice new car-to POP Car Rental just South of Thapae Gate paying a "discounted price" of 1,200 a day.If you can find a Honda Jazz for your price I'm sure a lot of people would like to know about it, including me. You rule out POP and North Wheels- the two most popular places. Thee are others ,as has been said, round Thappae Gate area. Please post your eventual choice. And do try to remember the name and address of the Company.Nothing worse than retailing what a bargain you found but just can't recall where it was.

For your information, rather than help ; I just returned a Honda Jazz -nice new car-to POP Car Rental just South of Thapae Gate paying a "discounted price" of 1,200 a day.If you can find a Honda Jazz for your price I'm sure a lot of people would like to know about it, including me. You rule out POP and North Wheels- the two most popular places. Thee are others ,as has been said, round Thappae Gate area. Please post your eventual choice. And do try to remember the name and address of the Company.Nothing worse than retailing what a bargain you found but just can't recall where it was.

I think the above is in response to the post made by <sunnyhor>.

Edited by piercefilmlid

Probably shuld be walking roundsince i be 1 day early in reaching CM than my customers

If you do find a short hire of a decent car at something like 700-900 baht a day then please post here with details.

Personally, I think you need to revise your expectations.

Rgds

Edited by piercefilmlid

Whoever you get it from apart from say, Avis, Hertz, or Budget, they will almost certainly ask to hold your passport.

Tell them to go take a flying &lt;deleted&gt;.

I think what he was trying to say was ; Ask them politely if you might please leave a copy of your passport and I'm sure they'll accept. If they don't, then tell them "to go take a flying &lt;deleted&gt;".They will also require a copy of your driving licence and a credit card open ended slip.But everyone knows that, don't they.

I would have to say that the holding of a persons passbport is done more for the security factor of your not leaving the country, vs any other reason. A passport copy does not meet this need. Sometimes providing your airline departure ticket will suffice, and if so beter for the renter, as he may need the passport for I D purposes.

Renting of moto's is usually the same.

I just visited CM and rented a car from JourneyCNX for the 2nd time and didn't have a problem, but there again have never crashed a car in LOS.

Their office is on Thapae Road, but they keep the cars in what appeared to be a residential area, so you are not paying for a premium forecourt.

First day I rented a Honda City for 900 baht/day (170000km on the clock, worn brakes and no CD player!) which was delivered to you at the office on completion of the paperwork, but then changed it the next day. They did keep a blank credit card slip which was returned on delivery of the car.

The agent took us to their car pool and let us pick out a newer car for 1,000 baht a day. Best on offer by far was a newish black Toyota VIOS (much improved from older models) with all the extras such as alloy wheels and tinted windows, which I am used to having on my own car, but after driving to CM from BKK before decided it's easier to fly if only going for a week. They didn't even charge extra for bringing the car back at 5PM.

Pushed the car quite a bit driving up to Chiang Rai (-much preferred to CM) and the Golden Triangle and the drive was fine, all in all no complaints.

Edited by robbieh

If you want cheap you can find it, but not with a clean, pleasant to drive reliable car that is properly insured. Budget is an excellent value for money renter in my (considerable Thai and elsewhere) renting experience.

I am usually uncomfortable if I go sub-Budget, unless I rent a cheapo (800 baht) and hopelessly unsound Suzuki 4WD from a certain insect-named company south of Taepae Gate to get into the hills to visit my stepdaughter - in which event I am terrified!! :)

Hello.

I dont know any rental companies that rent honda jazzs for that money,BUT i have a lot experience with crashing rental cars!;-)

I crashed like 3 cars from thairentacar and this is why i will only rent my cars there!

1 Example:

I rented a brandnew Toyota Hiace van with 800 kilometre on the clock and crashed it into a wall.the whole left side was destroyed from the headlights to the rear lights and the sliding door was deeply bumped?(srry for my english) in the middle...really bad!i mean the worst case would have been that i had to pay 5000 baht and this was what i was expecting...BUT NO!They only charged me 1000 Baht and i got 4000 of my 5000 baht deposit back right on the spot!

I really recommend this company!!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally rented a Toyota Vios for 1150 Baht per day for 5 days. they had Altis, Jazz & Vios on offer.

Lost the card but the name is POP Car Rental, located in the Square where most of the foreigners and guest house are.

GOing down CHang Klan towards , Night Bazzar turn left before the Night Bazzar and go straight all the way till u reach a filter lane and u will see many rental compaines. Look out for POP Car Rental, if i am not wrong they got 2 shops.

No deposit needed, just left my passport and copy of Driving ID. Paid in full and left , car was with a few dents and was informed it comes with insurance with excess of 5000B meaning if i had an accident, max i pay for damages to the car is 5000B.

No deposit needed, just left my passport and copy of Driving ID. Paid in full and left , car was with a few dents and was informed it comes with insurance with excess of 5000B meaning if i had an accident, max i pay for damages to the car is 5000B.

I rented fom JouneyCNX ; just a few doors down Thappae Road from the Art Cafe Corner. On my way to return the car a couple of youths on a motobike hit the back of the car as we were slowing down to enter the Superhighway. Broke one backlight and slightly scraped the side of the car very low down. I had no phone, no pencil to take down details. I assumed they'd be uninsured and basically I hadn't a clue what to do. So I just asked them to rummage in their rucksac, find a pencil and write down their telephone number ,name, and registration number on a scrap of paper. They obliged. All false of course. Back at the office the old battleaxe at the back said 5000 baht !! No discussion at all. They rang the written number but, as I thought -false. "But I'm insured", I pleaded. Its all over your website and paperwork stressing worry-free driving with full comprehensive insurance.

You should have telephoned us at the scene of the accident and restrained the culprits till we arrived there and assesed the situation. Then, if their fault, you don't pay.I finally got them to reduce their figure to 4000 baht. They said the car would be off the road for a two or three days losing them 900 times 3 = 2,700baht +cost of repair. I'm afraid I just put it down to a costly learning experience.

So, be sure to have a phone in the car, a pair of handcuffs, and ring the office if an accident occurs. Also, go over the car with a magnifier and make sure all marks are clearly indicated on the diagram. It's so easy to be carefree and trusting about this at the the time of hiring. Check it all diligently. I'm sure I've been caught out that way too. But only 80% sure, by another firm.

But I know you all know this and wonder how anyone could be so naive as to find himself in this situation. I've since rented fom Jouney CNX because their price is excellent. 900baht for a non- new car but still very good. Pop Car, for one week, would do a Honda Jazz for 1000 baht; otherwise 1200. I guess North Wheels would be 1200+

Happy Driving