Missing Somewhere In Cambodia/thailand

The_Moog

I would be putting Ami in a 2 by 2 cell with a very bright light.

Definately, she knew he had plenty of cash on him, and he was going to leave soon, let's face it, it's Cambodia, a dodgy country even compared to Thailand. I reckon she knows the whole story.

Hi my name is Matt one of Eddie's brother i just wanted to ask for some assistance. Eddie was booked on a Flight from Bangkok to London on the 24th of October 2004.

So we are investigating whether he entered Thailand after this point!

I was wondering if anybody has links with immigration or could help establish with Immigration whether he had additional entries on his Immigration

records following his Original arrival in Bangkok on early October 2004 and his subsequent departure from Thailand to Cambodia. Not only could this lead to new information but give us an confimation of his movements.

Matt

Matt, this is something the FCO should do via the British embassy in BKK.

Do you have Eddie's passport number?

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

and also they scan your passport at all cambodian borders, not sure since when though.

been to cambodia many times, i can say that i never had any problems there, but do know that drug use by backpackers and foreigners is rampant.

he also could have moved on to vietnam and ami surely must be a prime suspect.

He contacted his family by email and said he was flying home on November 1st.

So did he book and pay for his ticket in full? If he did, he probably intended to return home.

If he missed his flight, he would have emailed for help, from his family.

If he wanted to 'drop out' then £3000 would quickly run-out, was it in travellers cheques or cash. Surely he would have withdrawn and converted the money to travellers cheques....he was University material.

Plus maybe he told close friends in the U.K. what he was about to do, have they been questioned?

I fear the worst, particularly as 'wanted' posters with a small reward would surely yield something. He has the sort of face a Cambodian man or woman would remember.

I hope he is O.K. but I have a bad feeling about the length of time he has been missing now. I would not travel Cambodia alone.

So did he book and pay for his ticket in full? If he did, he probably intended to return home.

If he wanted to 'drop out' then £3000 would quickly run-out, was it in travellers cheques or cash. Surely he would have withdrawn and converted the money to travellers cheques....he was University material.

Plus maybe he told close friends in the U.K. what he was about to do, have they been questioned?

I fear the worst, particularly as 'wanted' posters with a small reward would surely yield something. He has the sort of face a Cambodian man or woman would remember.

I hope he is O.K. but I have a bad feeling about the length of time he has been missing now. I would not travel Cambodia alone.

I dunno guys, Cambodia is not as stable as Thailand nor is it outright nasty as others would believe. A lot of Backpackers pass through Cambodia, surely someone knows or has seen him????

He'll be found eventually, start with the big population centers. The Capital, Siam Reap, Sinnokville etc then work inland. Someone knows, local expats tend to be French (or did when I last visited) and are bound to of heard something...

He told his Mother he was Flying home from BANGKOK.

They had the flight details & went to meet the Flight.

This is why it is possible for him to be in Bangkok.

But nobody seems to have been able to confirm

from the Thai Immigration Computer whether he re-entered Thailand.

His name is on the Thai Immigration Computer because he

originally flew into Bangkok from UK.

Bill