Belgian Fugitive "Mad Dog" Gang Member Arrested By Thai Immigration

webfact

Between the times of 1985 and 2008, Mr. Verdickt has been charged with possession and selling of illegal firearms, manufacturing, possession and sales of addictive substances, burglary and assault, rape and fake ID.

So in 23 years the Belgian Police has only been able to charge this mr. Verdickt with all these crimes, but he has never been jailed, and now they arrest him in Thailand after his Visa has been revoked.

Says something about the capability of the Belgian Police as well, I would say.

What a bunch of dumb-asses.

It is an understatement to say the Belgian police are not perfect.

There has been a very expensive reform to merge the State Police and the City Police forces.

The result is that we now have a Federal Police and a Local Police who function worse than before.

The original text of the article was not completely correct (and I am not talking about the confusion between the words “evoke” and “revoke”).

The guy was not born at Wommelgem as stated, but he was born at Berchem (now a district of the City of Antwerp) and his passport was issued at Wommelgem (a village in the Antwerp region).

Probably he knew somebody in this village.

Legally Belgian citizens have to apply IN PERSON for their passport at their city administration (population department).

Citizens registered with a Royal Belgian Consulate abroad, have the choice to apply IN PERSON for it at their consulate (which functions as their city administration) or, also IN PERSON, at the city administration of their last domicile in Belgium (e.g. when on holiday).

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks as if the Royal Belgian Consulate in Bangkok has been taking the easy way out: instead of formally asking the extradition of the guy, they probably cancelled his passport, reported this to Immigration and asked Immigration to do the same with his visa.

Why would they do this - did you even read the reason why his visa was revoked ?

Do you really think Immigration found out the charges themselves ?

I guess they were tipped off by somebody of the Federal Police Liaison Office at the Royal Belgian Embassy.

(http://www.diplomatie.be/Bangkok/default.asp?id=22&mnu=22)

.....had his visa evoked?

Revoked - how can you evoke a visa? - poor journalism from the Pattaya Daily News.

I thought the same thing, and no, I am no "grammar Nazi", but to use "evoked" 3 times is embarrassing journalism to say the least.

At first I needed some time to really grasp what was meant.

So he missed the 'R' in revoked, it's not an earth shattering typo...

For native speakers of English it is probably a minor problem, but when you have to look in a dictionary to try to understand what was meant, it is rather like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Excellent - about time they kicked these scumbags out of the country - they give farangs a bad name, much better they are locked up back where they come from !

You should see the prisons in Belgium where he will be locked up. A 3*** hotel is nothing compared to this. This is not a punishment anymore.

Better keep him in Bangkok Hilton...

I wonder if you have really seen a Belgian prison. You know many 3 stars hotel who have a bucket for instead of a toilet?

We obviously have an expert on the demograghics of bike ownershp in Thaialnd, here. Jolly good. I wonder how many 60-70 year old bikers he's surveyed. :D . Must be hundreds, all with tattoos and 20 year old thai girlfriends. :)

maybe not hundreds but there are "some" around here in Phuket. There is bike week soon, may be we met for a beer and I show you what i am talking about :D

btw, I have nothing agains real bikers with a real point of view

regards from HKT

sry kids, if you read this. PLEASE dont drink BEER,

Have you ever thought "a grandpa" riding his bike he in Thailand was maybe riding in his own country before for years (I ride for more than 30 years). As srceamingeagle says, are you expert to identify who is real biker and who is not? When you are one of them and ride with somebody else, for sure you can know and yes we have some of our friends doing now what they dream all their life but didn't do becuase of money, family charge etc...For me, even they are not "born" bikers, if they are friendly, if they like et are able to ride, if they give a good image from our community, yes they are welcome. Did you see already some guys 50 years old playing with toys like electric trains or planes or boats or car radio-controlled? It's not my hobby, I can smile a little bit but I don't judge them (may are you one of them?)

As every year, I will be in Pukhet for the bike week, so if you see vests with Warriors Thailand MC, you can ask us for a beer, for sure (but you will have to pay... :D )

Warning

This topic is not about a certain nationality nor EUROPE, USA, CANADA, ASIA, RUSSIA; CHINA, AFRICA, AUSTRALIA .............

Back on topic, stay on that topic or take the risk to have your posts deleted or being suspended.

Thx

Finally there's something worth reading here. Seems like the bigger part of the commentators forget the topic after reading 5 posts.

On my behalf : it's good they arrested this guy. The Belgian gouvernment has been working together now for a few years to get all those fleeing

criminals and it seems to pay off well. More countries should be doing it this way.

One problem though : the Belgians don't have a sufficient courtsystem, don't have enough prisons (btw thank you holland for renting a prison to Belgium --> yes, yes, your reading it good), and police are prosecuted for firing at criminals.

All countries should take responsability and take care of there criminals instead of infesting others. :)

BTW : i've just read some other parts of this topic and as i didn't see the following update : "The visa cancellation was ordered due to his extensive criminal history despite the fact he is currently not wanted back in Belgium. He will be deported and has now been placed on Thailand's Immigration Black List which will not allow him to re-enter Thailand for the foreseeable future."

I hereby appologize for being too prejudice.

It is not a joke that Belgium rents (for good money) a prison (one) in the Netherlands.

The joke is that in the Netherlands the prisons are nearly empty because the secretary of state lets most criminals go.

My post was rightfully edited by a moderator (1 word removed).

The point was that most of the released criminals have the same background as the secretary of state involved.

I cannot be more precise, but anyone who knows the situation in Western-Europe will understand.

Excellent - about time they kicked these scumbags out of the country - they give farangs a bad name, much better they are locked up back where they come from !

You should see the prisons in Belgium where he will be locked up. A 3*** hotel is nothing compared to this. This is not a punishment anymore.

I wonder if you have really seen a Belgian prison. You know many 3 stars hotel who have a bucket for instead of a toilet?

The Belgian prisons for suspects and small criminals are a shame indeed, but top criminals such as Monsieur Dutroux are kept in five star prisons.

The Belgian prisons for suspects and small criminals are a shame indeed, but top criminals such as Monsieur Dutroux are kept in five star prisons.

not gone vote for Dutroux ofcourse but walking in soletery been waked up every 30 minutes etc. i dont know thats 5 star.....

yes the general belgian prisoner do have a 5 star treatement but use your brain even if you have that treatement "freedom" is something you cant compare with nothing...i am sure there many prisoners in Belgium who have abtter material life then outside altough they dont like to be there,i wonder why?

Maybe freedom is the nuts?

We obviously have an expert on the demograghics of bike ownershp in Thaialnd, here. Jolly good. I wonder how many 60-70 year old bikers he's surveyed. :D . Must be hundreds, all with tattoos and 20 year old thai girlfriends. :)

maybe not hundreds but there are "some" around here in Phuket. There is bike week soon, may be we met for a beer and I show you what i am talking about :D

regards from HKT

Have you ever thought "a grandpa" riding his bike he in Thailand was maybe riding in his own country before for years (I ride for more than 30 years). As srceamingeagle says, are you expert to identify who is real biker and who is not? When you are one of them and ride with somebody else, for sure you can know and yes we have some of our friends doing now what they dream all their life but didn't do becuase of money, family charge etc...For me, even they are not "born" bikers, if they are friendly, if they like et are able to ride, if they give a good image from our community, yes they are welcome. Did you see already some guys 50 years old playing with toys like electric trains or planes or boats or car radio-controlled? It's not my hobby, I can smile a little bit but I don't judge them (may are you one of them?)

As every year, I will be in Pukhet for the bike week, so if you see vests with Warriors Thailand MC, you can ask us for a beer, for sure (but you will have to pay... :D )

The Predadores MC will also be attending Phuket bike week. But don't ask for a beer. You might fall off your Click :D

regards from HKT

The Predadores MC will also be attending Phuket bike week. But don't ask for a beer. You might fall off your Click :D

We would have a drink (no few...)with a real pleasure. But you must know, we have also guys they can really compete.... :D

We would have a drink (no few...)with a real pleasure. But you must know, we have also guys they can really compete.... :D

:)

not gone vote for Dutroux ofcourse but walking in soletery been waked up every 30 minutes etc. i dont know thats 5 star.....

yes the general belgian prisoner do have a 5 star treatement but use your brain even if you have that treatement "freedom" is something you cant compare with nothing...i am sure there many prisoners in Belgium who have abtter material life then outside altough they dont like to be there,i wonder why?

Maybe freedom is the nuts?

Come on, did Monsieur Dutroux have pity on his numerous imprisoned, enslaved, abused, tortured and starved victims ?

Poor guy... can't get away from hia past.

All of you so quick to comment, generalise and criticise... shame on you...

Poor guy probably wanted to make a new start... what happened to forgiveness.. sounds like he has already paid his debt to society.. he is not wanted anywhere as a criminal.

Whingers...

agree with that, title could be: foreigner arrested by thai immigration, that he is a Belgian, mad dog member is not relevant. But that title would not give 6 pages most of them bs.

He is not wanted so not a fugitive.

I know some mad dog members and many other mc members and all those I met so far were very friendly.

I wish I had a HD but I have other priorities so I am riding a japanese chopper, I don't understand all those negative comments about bikers, MC and harley, get a life.

He came here in 2008, with valid pasport, brought a container with his furniture and HD from Belgium to Thailand, paid a huge import tax on his bike (he lost a leg working in the port when a container fell on his leg and had to modify the bike allowing him to ride with a artificial leg, reason the import his bike)

He also received a monthly sum from Belgium, fugitives usually don't get paid.

He wanted to open a family bar next month, a place where families with kids could have some fun, just to have something to do.

I first met him on a fino, his GF was holding his crutches in her hands, whenever he came to my restaurant with his harley he ordered soft drinks.

Met him in Burapa last weekend and had a few drinks with him, I was very surprised reading this story.

I don't understand why they arrested him now and not last year....

Abouth Robert Verdickt

To all the people who writihg some stupid answers abouth the arrest of Robert ,i wanna say thhese YOU ARE ALL WRONG ,and why you are wrong ,because when you read the belgium newspaper DE MORGEN or The Morning from today 02/19/2010 you now he is innocent and not wanted by the Belgium Goverment ,Today a hich placed officer of the Belgium law tels in the newspaper that the office of ( FAST ) FAST FUGITIVES SEARCH TEAM have no intension to arrest Mr Robert for the reason they not looking ath him ,because in Belgium he is a FREE MAN ,so he go where ever he wants ,so now a qustion to all the CHEAP CHARLYS who live in Thailand ,next time when jou JUDGE a man ,( BIKER OR NOT ) check some info ,before you judge ,and also the KING of BELGIUM AND SPAIN to also riding big bikes ,are they also CRIMINALS ,no way ,also to everybody who never being in an MC and i say an MC and not a padfinder ore a scouts club ,YOU NEVER and i meant iht you never gonna now what it is BROTHERHOOD ,RESPECT ,and riding with the BROS every time when you going to a run ore having a party

By these Robert, courage in French and Ride on ,hope to see you soon as a free man ,somewhre on the road ,maybe ath the end of the year in Pattaya ,or somewhere in Belgium

Best regards Martin ,a Biker

unfortunately the Thai police or immigration is not that stupid anymore, so it will be more difficult in the future for ppl hiding here.

sorry guys, but I never understood WHY every grandpa who is riding a Harley thinks he is a real Biker now? Just because an over

60y,o. with a 20 y.o, TGF can afford to buy a HD doesnt make him a really Biker like Mr. Verdickt sure is. ThaiImmi doesnt want

these so called ""CLUBS" because some of them are deeply involved in organized crime...got it``?

its a bit too much atm if I see faked vests from Born to be Wild, Hells Angels etc. most of the guys wearing it will get imidiate problems

when a real member of one of these clubs sees it.

btw. I dont judge people after their look (exept they wear suits and have long noses :) ) but Mr. Verdickt doesnt look like a newborn, sry.

Sorry guy's but this goes a bit too far,i know mr Verdickt for 30 years and i can say that this guy is sure not a rapist,a thief or whatever they call him,but he was always a guy who worked hard for his money until the day that he lost his leg in an accident caused by a drunk driver.

the only reason for which he came to Thailand is because he is disabled, no longer able to work, doing what he always did so he came to thailand to enjoy he's life as we all do.

what the real reason for all this is, I do not know now, but he is a man no better or worse than all of us.

something he always said "who gives what he has is worth to be alive "

He came here in 2008, with valid pasport, brought a container with his furniture and HD from Belgium to Thailand, paid a huge import tax on his bike (he lost a leg working in the port when a container fell on his leg and had to modify the bike allowing him to ride with a artificial leg, reason the import his bike)

Sorry guy's but this goes a bit too far,i know mr Verdickt for 30 years and i can say that this guy is sure not a rapist,a thief or whatever they call him,but he was always a guy who worked hard for his money until the day that he lost his leg in an accident caused by a drunk driver.

Ok,2 posters who "know" Mr Verdickt.One knows he lost his leg with a work accident,the other knows it happened with an accident with a drunk driver.

Someone else who "knows" Mr Verdickt?

To all the people who writihg some stupid answers abouth the arrest of Robert ,i wanna say thhese YOU ARE ALL WRONG ,and why you are wrong ,because when you read the belgium newspaper DE MORGEN or The Morning from today 02/19/2010 you now he is innocent and not wanted by the Belgium Goverment ,Today a hich placed officer of the Belgium law tels in the newspaper that the office of ( FAST ) FAST FUGITIVES SEARCH TEAM have no intension to arrest Mr Robert for the reason they not looking ath him ,because in Belgium he is a FREE MAN ,so he go where ever he wants

It is quite concerning that they are throwing someone out based on a previous criminal record which existed when he entered the Kingdom.

This suggests that Thai Immigration didn't know about it at the time when he entered the country, presumably because they didn't ask him on the visa forms.

It seems to me that someone has deliberately got in touch with the immigration police and told them of his criminal record in a deliberate attempt to cause trouble resulting in his deportation.

Ok,2 posters who "know" Mr Verdickt.One knows he lost his leg with a work accident,the other knows it happened with an accident with a drunk driver.

Hello Basjke ,whats wrong ,Robert have a Belgium invalid retired pension ,and you also are belgium ,to so what if he lost his leg in an motoraccident or on his job ath the Antwer docks ,leave this guy allone ,he have some trouble enouch withouth your bulschit , Best regards Martin :)

I went to grad school with him.

Lots of pre-judgents here. The Mad Dog I knew was a lot of fun, but nothing dangerous. I never thought he'd lose his hair, but he doesn't look too bad.

BS, i have a few friends like this, sure they are nice when they are on your side but they are still low life scum.

Abouth Robert Verdickt

To all the people who writihg some stupid answers abouth the arrest of Robert ,i wanna say thhese YOU ARE ALL WRONG ,and why you are wrong ,because when you read the belgium newspaper DE MORGEN or The Morning from today 02/19/2010 you now he is innocent and not wanted by the Belgium Goverment ,Today a hich placed officer of the Belgium law tels in the newspaper that the office of ( FAST ) FAST FUGITIVES SEARCH TEAM have no intension to arrest Mr Robert for the reason they not looking ath him ,because in Belgium he is a FREE MAN ,so he go where ever he wants ,so now a qustion to all the CHEAP CHARLYS who live in Thailand ,next time when jou JUDGE a man ,( BIKER OR NOT ) check some info ,before you judge ,and also the KING of BELGIUM AND SPAIN to also riding big bikes ,are they also CRIMINALS ,no way ,also to everybody who never being in an MC and i say an MC and not a padfinder ore a scouts club ,YOU NEVER and i meant iht you never gonna now what it is BROTHERHOOD ,RESPECT ,and riding with the BROS every time when you going to a run ore having a party

By these Robert, courage in French and Ride on ,hope to see you soon as a free man ,somewhre on the road ,maybe ath the end of the year in Pattaya ,or somewhere in Belgium

Well said. Agreed 100%.

End of comments.

Abouth Robert Verdickt

Well said. Agreed 100%.

End of comments.

Yes. Agreed!!!!!!

Hello Basjke ,whats wrong ,Robert have a Belgium invalid retired pension ,and you also are belgium ,to so what if he lost his leg in an motoraccident or on his job ath the Antwer docks ,leave this guy allone ,he have some trouble enouch withouth your bulschit , Best regards Martin :)

My comments were not pointed at Mr Verdickt,as I totally don't know him and it is none of my business or in my interests if this story right or wrong,but it always irritates me when posters claim they know someone if it is clear from their comments that they actually don't.Got it?

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says............................

“Oh crap, he’s up!”

Brother, life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Love the ones who don’t, just because you can. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Kiss slowly. Forgive quickly. Don’t’ ever say life will be easy. He just promised it will be worth it.

Today is Brother’s Day, send this to all your brothers, fathers, and sons. If you get back seven, you are loved.

Happy Brother’s Day. I LOVE YA BROTHA!!!! To the cool men that have touched my life……

here’s to you!!!! A real brother walks with you when the rest of the world walks on.

Abouth Robert Verdickt

De Morgen (heir of Vooruit in Ghent and Volksgazet in Antwerp) is a leftish politically correct fashion-socialist newspaper that struggles to survive for many years now.

It is known for publishing bu**sh**.

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says............................

"Oh crap, he's up!"

Brother, life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Love the ones who don't, just because you can. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Kiss slowly. Forgive quickly. Don't' ever say life will be easy. He just promised it will be worth it.

Today is Brother's Day, send this to all your brothers, fathers, and sons. If you get back seven, you are loved.

Happy Brother's Day. I LOVE YA BROTHA!!!! To the cool men that have touched my life……

here's to you!!!! A real brother walks with you when the rest of the world walks on.

Happy brother's day too! :)

This story is untrue and planted by some idiot who has an axe to grind. This newspaper did not check the facts before printing this untrue story. Ever ask yourself how a Belgium fugitive can be carrying a valid Belgium passport and also a valid Thai visa? Are the Belgium authorities stupid enough to grant a guy bail for 14 serious charges and if he was granted bail wouldnt the court demand his passport so he could not leave the country so he could face the charges in court? Say the Belgiums are that stupid and he was able to flee Belgium with a valid passport. When he went to get his Thai visa wouldnt Thai immigration check with the Belgium authorities to see if he was a convicted felon, fugitive or undesirable?

All you idiot sex tourists in Pattaya making your pathetic posts here are too stupid to see thru bullshit. You hate guys like this who ride a Harley and live in a nice house while you are on a rented 50cc scooter looking for cheap sex daily living in a flop house. Or hiding behind a screen name on a bulletin board to slander this man and his motorcycle club. The Mad Dogs spend thousands of dollars annually supporting charities and doing good public service. I have been to some of their events and seen firsthand the charity work they do in the community. They are not a "outlaw motorcycle gang" and their founder was an executive of a large multinational company. Some of you idiots posting here think everyone on a Harley is a criminal

So you idiots..get back on your rented scooters and go live your pathetic "life" trolling for sex..female or male for some of you..I use the term life very lightly.

Edited by phkeneh

My comments were not pointed at Mr Verdickt,as I totally don't know him and it is none of my business or in my interests if this story right or wrong,but it always irritates me when posters claim they know someone if it is clear from their comments that they actually don't.Got it?

Basjke, you don't know him, it is none of your business or interest so get out of here.

I talked with the guy who knows Robert for 30 years and for reasons I understand now Robert gave me another version of the real accident causing the loss of his leg.

I never claimed I know him, I talked with him a dozen times , hardly enough to know somebody.