Short Stay In Cambodia - Visa Advice?

Hi!

Me and my friend are planning a trip for 4-5 days from Bangkok to Cambodia. We were going to go either by bus or train, entering at Poipet and exiting either at Poipet or Koh Kong, again by bus or train.

I have a Non Immigrant O Multiple entry Visa still on the first entry, which finishes in early April. So I really have no need to make a Visa run at the moment - will I be penalised in any way by going to and from Cambodia, or will I still be allowed to keep my "early April" date?

My friend has a 60 day tourist Visa with 3 entries that expires mid-March - would you have any advice for them?

Sorry if I come across as a little naive, its the first time I've had to reenter Thailand, any help would be much appreciated :)

Ah good, that sounds pretty simple.

I remember reading elsewhere on Thaivisa that people doing Visa runs sometimes had to spend a couple of days waiting around for their Visa to be renewed - does this only apply to people whose Visa has completely expired and need to apply for a brand new Visa?

In theory, once I leave Cambodia, they will just automatically give me another 3 months on my current Multiple O, correct? Will my friend get another 60 days on their tourist Visa, or will the end date (mid-March) remain the same for them?

Thanks!

You are just doing a border crossing, not obtaining a new visa from consulate. You will receive new 90 day permission to stay on re-entry (as long as your visa is valid). Your friend will receive new 60 day permission to stay on re-entry (so long as he has not already used all entries).

As long as your friend has not used all entries and the visa itself is still valid for entry - there is a date marked on the visa and all entries must be made before that date - the date you give in your post is not clear if that date or his current permitted to stay until date that Immigration stamped him into the country for on his last arrival.