Brass Neck!

Loz

So a couple of times now I have been at the new Tesco Lotus Express tha open in my village late last year and this silly little thing has happened.

standing in line at the checkout and there is this women hanging around. Cashier asks if you have s club card, if you say no, this woman butts in with her club card and takes your points. :D I don't feel violated or anything but I just thought the brass neck on this old lady to just stand there and take them. I guess the adage, " Never to proud to make a buck" has filtered through into the country society and taken a hold. :)

Hard to imagine Tesco in the UK approving of this abuse of the system. I remember when they made the club card a keyring so it was more convenient. Loyalty cards a fine idea but I'm wondering if this woman even shops in Tesco Lotus except when she is redeeming points! :D

Does the card offer a discount? If so, then you should be thanking her...

For example, I know that if you use the MCard from the mall and spendo iver 800thb or 1000 thb (cant remember which) in addition to points, you also get a discount.

I cant remember for certain, but I believe the Tops card will give you a discount on certain products if you have the membership card.

So maybe she was trying to help you rather than trying to help her self...

no, if memory serves, you collect points which can be redeemed against later purchases. A bit like premier points back in the UK (Argos I think it was).

Just posted it cos I thought it was cheeky. Wonder if they would mind if I got myself a card and hung out there all day collecting other peoples (unwanted) points. Maybe I could sell them on ebay? :)

In the US, it works a little differently.  You get both points for later advantages, but you also get the special members' price on sales items.  So in that case, both people would win.  As the buyer, I would get the better price, and the person who  lent me his or her card would get the points.

I would agree that this lady has some brass ones, so-to-speak, of course, as you get nothing from the action, but more in the line of something humorous.  No harm no foul.  :)