Goodbye And Thankyou

you were there at the time! To be fair she was talking about the tequila shots in the dentist chair....

That was a dentist's chair??? Explains a few things... :D Ok, ok, I WAS there! Got tequila in my ear (which also explains why I couldn't hear so well :D ) and you got some in the eyes if I recall :o

Edited by bahtandsold

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a dentist's chair??? Explains a few things... :D  Ok, ok, I WAS there! Got tequila in my ear (which also explains why I couldn't hear so well :D )  and you got some in the eyes if I recall :o

I thought that was Margarita?

Anyway, shame on you lot. You should ask Jockie how to hold it. :D

Welcome back to the Land of Silly Walks , Scamp!

If your ever near Oxford drop me a line mate!

Chon

:D

Chons - Reunion at Thai Orchid!!! :o

Is that the one in Oxford City,? I used to pass it on the bus to Heathrow, thought it was kinda ironic that I would not have a lot of choice but to eat Thai food in 18 hours time) I still have a place in Witney.

There is a Thai restaurant in Witney now, Very dear 2.50 for a bottle of Water!! Only ate there once as I like to eat ENGLISH (or Indian) when I am back in town.

Yeah its on the coach route- St Clements actually - top food and the staff is lovely. Unfortunately not the same price - normally spend over 100Quid when I'm there! :D

Yeah its on the coach route- St Clements actually - top food and the staff is lovely. Unfortunately not the same price - normally spend over 100Quid when I'm there! :D

Sounds as tho our Gentleman Scamp may have more engagements after terminal 3 but at 7300 baht a go Brit/Chon/TP, wow! :D

Ok, so we're actually waiting on 2 trip reports at the moment - Scampy (still in the pub at term 3?) and Torny in LAS (vegas). Last thing KSOTI said was "I'm going to plunk down 2500 on red at the first go at the Luxor" and I don't believe he was talking baht (then again, I had tequila in my ear, or was it a mixed marg as LC pointed out :D). Probably Torny's in his room at the Luxor glued to the Contender, big fight on tap.

SCAMP, TORNADO, trip reports pulleez... :o

Edited by bahtandsold

4 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: LovelyCutie, Erwin1011, The Gentleman Scamp

Scampy... you know... you really needed to disappear so people could possibly miss you. :o

4 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: LovelyCutie, Erwin1011, The Gentleman Scamp

Scampy... you know... you really needed to disappear so people could possibly miss you. :D

Why, does it not do justice to that spontaneous and passionate, unexpected yet rather nice goodbye? :D:D

By the way, delete some of your messages cause I tried to PM you earlier and I can't, and because I'm on a laptop, I can't highlight it and transfer it to an e-mail because I don't have a mouse, I have to slide my finger on a silly pad the size of a matchbox. :o

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

Why, does it not do justice to that spontaneous and passionate, unexpected yet rather nice goodbye? :D  :D

What passionate? Was I even there? :o

By the way, delete some of your messages cause I tried to PM you earlier and I can't,

I was a Restricted Member!!! You can PM me now that I'm in the Advanced mode.

Haven't you got my email address, by the way? :D

Edited by LovelyCutie

BEST THINGS ABOUT BEING BACK IN ENGLAND...

1: I don't have to shower and change my clothes three times a day.

2: I don't have to put beer in the fridge for it to be cold.

3: I can't think of anything else.

back to the land of the soapdodger eh scampy, monthly showers whether needed or not :o

I moved this here cause Scampy is long gone and it suits this place better, if I remember correctly it was at scampies suggestion that we started this section, so a bit of irony really.

Gone but certainly not forgotten... :o

Bloody Aussies...  :o

Now, now, LC. The Doc is a well respected man...

A Well Respected Man

(Ray Davies)

'Cause he gets up in the morning

And he goes to work at nine

And he comes back home at five-thirty

Gets the same train every time

'Cause his world is built 'round punctuality

It never fails

And he's oh, so good

And he's oh, so fine

And he's oh, so healthy

In his body and his mind

He's a well respected man about to

Doing the best things so conservatively

And his mother goes to meetings

While his father pulls the maid

And she stirs the tea with councelors

While discussing foreign trade

And she passes looks, as well as bills

At every suave young man

'Cause he's oh, so good

And he's oh, so fine

And he's oh, so healthy

In his body and his mind

And he likes his own backyard

And he likes his fags the best

'Cause he's better than the rest

And his own sweat smells the best

And he hopes to grab his father's loot

When Pater passes on

'Cause he's oh, so good

And he's oh, so fine

And he's oh, so healthy

In his body and his mind

And he plays at stocks and shares

And he goes to the Regatta

And he adores the girl next door

'Cause he's dying to get at her

But his mother knows the best about

The matrimonial stakes

'Cause he's oh, so good

And he's oh, so fine

And he's oh, so healthy

In his body and his mind

Entombed in his TV monument, eh Boon?  :D

Should imagine he'll pop back in here with some more interesting tales of the ladies of London and his various trials & tribulations in Blighty... :o

Entombed in his TV monument, eh Boon?  :D

Should imagine he'll pop back in here with some more interesting tales of the ladies of London and his various trials & tribulations in Blighty... :o

Indeed - a full report is due I think, and the people on this forum need to be warned about the boredom factor at Kuwait airport - not that I'll ever fly stopover again, if I can't afford to get a direct flight then I can't afford to return.

Being back here is truly awful, worse than I expected - though I start work tomorrow with an agency which is something.

The beer here makes me fall asleep when I am due to meet old friends and wake up with a bad head and guts - and after a visit to the loo I find myself reaching for the nipsy rinser but of course, it isn't there so I have to make do with tissue and a shallow bath.

What worries me most is that as much as I want to return when ready, I can't until I have a legitimate means of residence and decent income.

I'm not going back to being a teacher, I hated it then and I'd hate it more now that I'm a 'proper' member of the Thai expat fraternity.

I have many wonderful friends who would take me under their wing and help me out but that wouldn't make me feel any better - I need to make myself.

Got some good oppertunities to go for which involve Asia but alas not Thailand, so I really don't know when i'll be back. :D

Now I need a drink, but there's only red wine in the kitchen because the people I'm renting from are beer dodgers and Sainsbury's is shut now. :D

But, there is consolation in seeing that this thread is still boyant - that was a nice surprise so cheers and goodnight. :D

Good luck, Scampy. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you. We've had our tussles, but that's part of the fun. Sounds like you're well on your way.

All the best.

Kat

Good luck, Scampy. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you. We've had our tussles, but that's part of the fun. Sounds like you're well on your way.

All the best.

Kat

Cheers Kat, you're right, the tussles are part of the fun and hope to meet you at the homecoming party which I hope won't be too many years away.

There's nothin'rong with a gutful of Red Ned Scampo  :D  Particularly if it belongs to someone else :D

True, but it was Aussie plonk... I prefer a glass of the proper stuff to compliment a red meat dish or pasta meal. :D:o