Alternative Day Out Bkk

longballlarry

hello all

Ive got a couple of friends coming from the UK in May. We intend to have a couple of days in BKK first before heading down to Hua Hin. I know the bar and shopping side fairly well, but just wondered if someone could recommend anything different for their first trip to Bangkok.

All suggestions welcome.

Many Thanks.

I always take people on a trip down the river when they visit. Hire a private boat, get them to do the circuit, stop off at Wat Arun- it's always an entertaining journey, plenty of things to see and good way of showing people the city.

Why would you want to take them to Hua Hin, its where the chip on the shoulder Ex Pat lives. What would you do in Hua Hin, there are not any decent girlies for your friends. There is nothing to do, if you play golf like me then yes.

Just because you are jaded about the place (see your other thread) doesn't mean others are. Some very fine resorts in HH.

As for the OP, check out the blind massage at Wat Po in Bangkok.

Why would you want to take them to Hua Hin, its where the chip on the shoulder Ex Pat lives. What would you do in Hua Hin, there are not any decent girlies for your friends. There is nothing to do, if you play golf like me then yes.

Thanks for that. Well I live in Hua Hin, and they're staying with me if thats a good enough reason. My friends are a married couple by the way, and although pretty open minded, two weeks of girlie bars are not what they're here for, hence the initial question. Thanks for the other replies, the river one seems interesting, does anyone have a link for that please?

Thanks for that. Well I live in Hua Hin, and they're staying with me if thats a good enough reason. My friends are a married couple by the way, and although pretty open minded, two weeks of girlie bars are not what they're here for, hence the initial question. Thanks for the other replies, the river one seems interesting, does anyone have a link for that please?

I don't know of any link for the River trip... However...

I take visitors on the same tour / trip. The pier is close to the entrance of the Grand Palace.

The quoted prices there are a rip off by the way. The sign says B900 per person, when you negotiate they offer a Thai price of B500 per person, but thats still a rip off.

I have taken a couple of friends on a 1 hr river trip at B800 per boat in Sept 09, then in Jan 10 I took my parents on the same trip for B900 (Per Boat).

It's a nice enough trip and ties in well with a trip to the Grand Palace and Khao Sarn Road.

I have also taken visitors to ChatuChak Market, Suan Lum night bazzar, Jim Thompsons house, Silom State tower, a day trip to Ayuttaya.

Go to to koh Kret we had a great day out, rented a longtail boat stopped off at all the litlle sweet factories etc..... Google it well worth a visit especially whn the market is on.

Grand Palace

I've also been to see siamniramit a great evening out (makes a change) Also consider taking in one of the lady boy shows, always good fun.

Go to to koh Kret we had a great day out, rented a longtail boat stopped off at all the litlle sweet factories etc..... Google it well worth a visit especially whn the market is on.

Grand Palace

I've also been to see siamniramit a great evening out (makes a change) Also consider taking in one of the lady boy shows, always good fun.

Koh Kret is superb... but avoid it on a weekend!