Recommended Bicyle Trips In And Around Bangkok

ashacat

Hi,

Me and the missus just bought new bikes and are looking to do some rides in and around Bangkok that don't involve busy roads etc.

We are off to Ayutthya this weekend to have a mooch about and 2 weekends ago we went around that liitle 'island' in the ChaoPraya next to KlongToey port, which was nice...

So is there a website that details good rides (bike!) around Bangkok or can anyone suggest any decent routes?

Cheers!

No other Bangkok cyclists? :D

I love cycling, just not in Bangkok. I'm actually afraid to walk across the street let alone cycle on it :) I think you'll find lots of cycling enthusiasts outside the city. Don't cyclists often have clubs? Maybe you and the wifey can get in touch with one of those?

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Another trip near to Bangkok that I have been told about is the "Khao Kiew" outdoor zoo which is on the way to Pattaya. I have not been there myself yet, has anyone else? I am thinking of going this weekend.....

Is it a good ride? Are the animals free to roam around or is it a crappy zoo with cages etc?..

Thanks!

depends on where you live in bangkok & what kind of riding you want to do.

i live in ramindra area & ride (road bike) north & east from there every saturday. trips along the north-south canals (khlongs 7-15) are pleasant enough & normally have very little traffic. khlong 11 from lum sai to #305 is pretty nice & has plenty of food places & a couple-three nice temples plus a golf course (rumored to have micro brewery, never verified). some of the roads along the canals aren't in the best condition for road bikes (khlong 7 north from lumlukka for instance) but are plenty fine for MTB.

you can see some of my rides here: here

Edited by coldfusionPaul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...