Here To Surat Thani Airport Suggestions

Many thanks for your replies.

I've done a bit more research now and have one more question.

For my journey, it doesn't matter whether I take the Seatran fast ferry directly to Surat Thani or the Raja ferry via Donsak.

However, I'll be carrying a suitcase and briefcase and my wife will be carrying a suitcase.

Is either of the two ferries more suitable / comfortable if carrying large luggage?

I appreciate any views on this.

Cheers

Somchai.

Get the Panthip bus from Nathon and leave your luggage on the bus.

Litebeer do you have a contact number for Panthip or do you book through an agent?

Phantip (1970) Co., Ltd.

Thaweeratphakdee Road, Nathon

11/4 Moo 3, Tambon Angthong

Koh Samui, Suratthani, 84140 Thailand

Tel: 0 7742 1221-2

Fax: 0 7742 1222

Opposite Bangkok Bank - Nathon - maybe 50-100 mtrs towards nathon, just next to ASIA TRAVEL!

They may well transfer you to another bus in Surat but it is better than dragging your luggage on and off the ferry.

A travel agent could also book the ticket for you but may add on a bit.

The bus leaves from the Nathon bus station along the sea front.

Litebeer do you have a contact number for Panthip or do you book through an agent?

take it u r flying to bangkok. if so. how much and do u know what the latest time is. surat airport is quite a distance from donsak maybe over 2 hrs

take it u r flying to bangkok. if so. how much and do u know what the latest time is. surat airport is quite a distance from donsak maybe over 2 hrs

It took just over an hour last time I did the trip.

Edited by smokie36

It took just over an hour last time I did the trip.

incl. bus tranfers and stuff. that ain't bad

sorry to hijack this topic but the 380THB bus and ferry through panthip co - does it work both ways? ie from URT to samui? if so, does it require pre-booking or is there a desk at the airport?

I see from airasia's website that flights can be as little as 699THB from BKK to URT and I'm sick of forking out the butt-raping rip-off fares to USM.

any advice appreciated.

sorry to hijack this topic but the 380THB bus and ferry through panthip co - does it work both ways? ie from URT to samui? if so, does it require pre-booking or is there a desk at the airport?

I see from airasia's website that flights can be as little as 699THB from BKK to URT and I'm sick of forking out the butt-raping rip-off fares to USM.

any advice appreciated.

Yes there is a bus to the ferry terminal from the airport. Sorry I can't remember the price but inexpensive. No need to book in advance.

Edited by smokie36

• 10 months later...

Friends,

I will be traveling to Koh Samui in May 2011. I have planned to book Air Asia to goto Surat Thani and from there travel to Koh Samui. I want to know if we can get Instant (Train +Ferry) tickets from Surat Thani Airport or I need to book them in Advance. How long it takes? Is it advisable to use this option if Traveling with kids.

IF I need to book in advance, pl help with the links where I can do so.

Regards

Ash.

Take the 1pm ferry and get a bus from Donsak.

This is not time enough¨ Ferryboat Nathon-Donsak= 1 1/2 hour. Bus Donsak-Suratthani= 1 hour. Taxi Suratthani-airport= 1/2 hour. And you have to be at the airport 1 hour before departure. And there is always waiting time when you change transport. To be sure, you have to take 11am ferry.

Take the 1pm ferry and get a bus from Donsak.

This is not time enough¨ Ferryboat Nathon-Donsak= 1 1/2 hour. Bus Donsak-Suratthani= 1 hour. Taxi Suratthani-airport= 1/2 hour. And you have to be at the airport 1 hour before departure. And there is always waiting time when you change transport. To be sure, you have to take 11am ferry.

Stand corrected on this. Last time I did the trip was a while ago....

Friends,

I will be traveling to Koh Samui in May 2011. I have planned to book Air Asia to goto Surat Thani and from there travel to Koh Samui. I want to know if we can get Instant (Train +Ferry) tickets from Surat Thani Airport or I need to book them in Advance. How long it takes? Is it advisable to use this option if Traveling with kids.

IF I need to book in advance, pl help with the links where I can do so.

Regards

Ash.

You can buy bus and ferry tickets to Samui whilst on board flight BKK to Surat, Air Asia. Ask the cabin crew.

go day before to surat stay at 100 islands hotel very cheap and very nice.its a spa resort about 600 to 800 baht opposite tescos

077 211509

wake up have a stroll around tescos get some brkkers then get taxi or bis to airport them off to bangers

• 1 year later...

I am booked on an 8:45am flight URT-BKK - leaving from Koh Phangan so even the 5am Raja ferry will not be an option...

If I overnight in Surat any suggestions regarding guest house or hotel and the means/cost of early morning transport to the airport?

Note to mods - perhaps there should be a pinned topic offering tips for transport from each of the islands to URT.

Catching an early morning flight seems to be impossible from KP but there are options eg. night boat from KP to Surat - but how to get from pier to airport without putting yourself at the mercy of taxi drivers?

After searching on the web it appears there are no guest houses close to URT, good business opportunity? Most of the results appearing on agoda state they provide airport transfer but which are free?

From the airport to KP you don't really have a choice - it's the Phantip mafia rip-off or walk. As stated elsewhere you can buy bus tickets on the plane but when I last flew they were only selling tickets (100 baht + ferry) to KS. KP passengers had to pay the full bus price in the airport (300 baht from Phantip or 250 at the Raja desk - same bus!).

Edited by ParadiseLost

I have answered my own questions tongue.png so to help others here are my travel arrangements:

KP - Don Sak - Suratthani: Raja Ferries (preceding day) not sure of price but definitely not Lomprayah rip-off... I expect 300 baht.

Accomodation (city): My Place @ Surat Hotel, King size bed, 540 baht

Transfer Suratthani - URT: Airport bus close to hotel, 30-40 min, 100 baht.

So, 1,000 baht added to the airfare of 1,300 baht (includes 20kg baggage and taxes). KP to BKK for under 2,500 baht...

Suck it Bangkok Airways - I get a nights accommodation, a ferry, two bus trips and a flight to the same airport - for around half your extortionate airfare.

Edited by ParadiseLost
  • Like 1

Little bit of detective work needed here I think

Think Paradise was lost for a while

Don't worry about me, I am just having a conversation with myself again. Good thing I didn't get into another argument...

laugh.png

Not worried in the least mate, I never have a conversation with myself but I do sometimes have to have a word , to put me back on track

And I never argue with myself co's I know I'm always right

but you have your friends

that's the problem