Cellular Roaming With Pre-paid Cards

bino

Does anyone know if it is possible to "roam" with any pre-paid Thai sim cards? If so- which ones? Moreover, do they offer GPRS Roaming?

I'm using a DTAC Dprompt sim in my PDA, and I'm planning a short trip to Singapore soon. Would like to take it along to get emails / read the forum! :o

Tks in advance. :D

Does anyone know if it is possible to "roam" with any  pre-paid Thai sim cards? If so- which ones? Moreover, do they offer GPRS Roaming?

I'm using a DTAC Dprompt sim in my PDA, and I'm planning a short trip to Singapore soon. Would like to take it  along to get emails / read the forum!    :o

Tks in advance.  :D

12Call definately do international roaming, you turn it on via their website.

Note that there are two type of roaming offered, the 'simple' version only allows incoming calls.

Not sure if they offer GPRS (my antique phone only makes phone calls).

Does anyone know if it is possible to "roam" with any  pre-paid Thai sim cards? If so- which ones? Moreover, do they offer GPRS Roaming?

I'm using a DTAC Dprompt sim in my PDA, and I'm planning a short trip to Singapore soon. Would like to take it  along to get emails / read the forum!    :o

Tks in advance.  :D

12Call definately do international roaming, you turn it on via their website.

Note that there are two type of roaming offered, the 'simple' version only allows incoming calls.

Not sure if they offer GPRS (my antique phone only makes phone calls).

FYI

Tried DTAC prompt in Spore last week, no connection

12Call have international roaming, including GPRS. I have used it many times in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, works fine. The charge in Singapore is 0.35Bath/kb. You need to select MobileOne, SingTel or Starhub when in Singapore.

To switch on the roaming service just call their call centre (1175) or, if you want to visit the most horrible website I have ever seen, go to their website. The site takes forever to load, is full of sound and animations and most of the english pages are missing or dead links.

http://www.one-2-call.com/One2Call/index.jsp

You need to get some special instructions if you want to call out from outside Thailand. Think you need to dial:

*131*CountryCodeAreaCodeNumber# to make a call, check with call centre.