Anyone Been To "splash Jungle" In Mai Khao, Any Good?

Sunseasand69

They should also do something about the food & beverage situation. If they would place a menu and drinks list at the entrance, nobody would go inside. Make it affordable for a family to spend a whole day there. A hot dog with a few french fries at close to THB 400 cuts the stay short.....

If they persist with high pricing for entry, F & B, then the owners better be prepared for the long haul with little returns.

It doesnt sound like the owners have 'prepared' for anything. Their business plan seems to be 'tourists are stupid and are rich and will pay a lot of money'

Well now there is a recession on.

And many foreign currencies just fell against the baht.

I wonder if that was part of their plan? If i was sinking 500mill baht into something, it sure would be part of my plan.

For many tourists, the high price of a flight to Thailand from Europe or the USA was always offset by the cheap cost of staying here. That isnt the case anymore. You pay a small fortune to fly half way around the world - and find it's getting almost as expensive as back home for food and drink/hotels/attractions.

The golden goose isnt laying quite as many eggs these days.

Went there yesterday.

All i can say is "Yawn"

I was bored in around 5 minutes and the slides are for children, not adults.

No atmosphere as the place had 20 people max but if it 100 people there, it would be too crowded.

This would have to be the worst waterpark i have ever been to.

Save your money folks, nothing to see here.

This place actual cost 500 million baht to construct? That's like USD 15 million! Sounds like the investors maybe bought a pig in a poke.

Someone should post a picture of the food menu. Thanks!

EDIT:

I just checked their website and it looks like they have not updated the prices. I guess they are depending on the various forums and news agencies to get the word out. :)

Splash Jungle Entrance Rates:Published Rate THB 2000 ++

Introductory Rates valid 30 January until 30 April 2010

Two-way transfers available on a complimentary basis

* Adults THB 1795++

* Children 1050++ (Height 100-130cm/Complimentary under 100 cm)

* Travel Trade THB 1500++

* Thai Residents THB 1500++

Rates are in Thai Baht and are subject to 10% service charge and 7% VAT. Rates are subject to change.

TheWalkingMan

Edited by TheWalkingMan

• 4 weeks later...

Yes my wife and daughter went recently.

A blog of our visit - with photographic link is available if you visit 'blog' and search for timinphuket and then splash jungle

But we would not go at the listed prices again - and then I read that the prices will be increased!!!!!!!

I do not understand business.............

as i am a mug who has bought a condo there i am glad its overpriced and deters crowds. it was never meant to be open to the public, they have reneged on their original statements that it would be for residents only....why am i not surprised!

Edited by positiveaction

Why would they build that all the way out in Mai Khao anyway? Might work in Kathu or somewhere more central, maybe they can lift the whole thing out and put it by the Outlet mall there at bypass and airport road........

These people managing this West Sands project are idiots, it's taken them years to get where they are now, still just inching toward completion, someone has some serious deep pockets as they are not even close to making any money.

as i am a mug who has bought a condo there i am glad its overpriced and deters crowds. it was never meant to be open to the public, they have reneged on their original statements that it would be for residents only....why am i not surprised!

You really thought the developers would build a whole water-park just for the residents?

You must be very naive.

You really thought the developers would build a whole water-park just for the residents?

You must be very naive.

C'mon now Karen, he already referred to himself as a "mug".

Someone already duped the guy into buying into a project way away from anything that might never get finished.

Feel badly for the guy.......

C'mon now Karen, he already referred to himself as a "mug".

Someone already duped the guy into buying into a project way away from anything that might never get finished.

Feel badly for the guy.......

True. Maybe I was too harsh.

I think I would be more teed off about the aircraft noise. It is virtually like the old Hong Kong Kai Tak airport where on the landing approach you could see into peoples living rooms and knew what TV channel they were watching.

Caveat Emptor applies`to Phuket more than most places.

• 2 months later...