Going To Manila/cebu From Bangkok?

Hey all,

I expect to be going to the Philippines soon, leaving from Bangkok. I am planning to end up in Cebu, but I might fly to Manila first.

Can anybody suggest some good sites to me, for cheap tickets from Bangkok to Manila or Cebu?

What do people suggest as the best way to get from Bangkok to the Philippines?

I am planning go over the Songkran period choice was

PAL - 11,000 baht

Cebu Pacific - just under 8,000 baht but arrive in Manila 4.00am and return to Bangkok after the last bus to Pattaya has left (so add 1,200 baht extra for taxi)

Will travel with PAL

• 3 weeks later...
I am planning go over the Songkran period choice was

PAL - 11,000 baht

Cebu Pacific - just under 8,000 baht but arrive in Manila 4.00am and return to Bangkok after the last bus to Pattaya has left (so add 1,200 baht extra for taxi)

Will travel with PAL

The arrival in Manila is actually 4:55 am. If you're connecting to a Cebu flight (or any onward dometic flight) you won't have to wait long for the first flight to Cebu. I found a Songkran escape ticket for 9,330 including the 700 baht Thailand departure tax all the way to Cebu. You'll need to play with the dates to find the best prices.

They've just started adding the 700 baht departure tax after you've already selected your dates when you book online.

Cebu Pacific is indeed a terrible airline, but for a 3 hour flight I grin and bear it as it will save me 8000 baht at least over a "real" airline when I'm travelling with my Filipino honey.