Bad Experience At S And V-restaurant, Nakhon Sawan.

invex

Today Sunday, we had dinner at this restaurant along the river in the city of Nakhon Sawan.

My Thai wife and I ordered 3 different dishes out of the menu; one of 60 Baht, another at 70 Baht and the third at 80 Baht. Also 3 cokes at the menu price of 10 Baht each.

The food and service was not very good but still at the limit of acceptable. When the bill came the dishes were resp. 70, 80 and 90 Baht. The coke was at 15 Baht.

The staff told us they could do nothing as the bill was made by the owner. Talking to the owner (a lady around 35-40 years) she told us the prices were the menu-prices. I asked her to show me that price but she refused and said we had to pay the total amount. I refused and took a menu by myself to show her the prices but she did not want to look at it, nor accept it, and she took the menu away. She got very angry and started shouting at my wife that she was a bad lady (my wife is a computer teacher). She got furious at me. I wanted my change (I paid her already) but she refused again and did not wanted to give me the bill anymore. I took the bill out of her hands but she tried to take it back. A young man (staff) tried to hit me twice but I got very angry on him and he backed off. I told her I would go to the police with the menu and the bill and took again a menu but she fought to get it back. My wife tried to call the police but…. No answer. Without success I tried to find an email later to contact the police.

Now what should I do? I was robbed and yes, it was for 45 Baht only but I cannot tolerate 4 mistakes in one bill. The staff and owner had a really bad and unacceptable behavior towards us and tried to hit me.

I want to do something about it. Some advice please.

Why did you pay her already,if you had a dispute about the bill?...understandable i know(false pricing) but the police will laugh at you i think if you contact them.

Do not go back obviously as i do not think you will be welcomed,not a thing you can do...only vent your anger on here i'm afraid!

I had a similar experience in restaurant . I order two meals one for My Wife, and one for myself , when the bill came it was totally different, When i quired it, I was told that the prices shown were Thai prices, not falang, I just paid the bill said thank you and never used the place again, Shame really because the food was good but there loss not mine, Thats the only way to deal with things like that in Thailand because you are on a loser, Just bite your tong and walk away, its safer.

Sorry to hear about your misadventure, you did well, even if was a single satang don't give them satisfaction, the bad time they had would hopefully made them think twice next time if it's really worth doing their little scams, people seeing what was happening would talk about it too and even if they might not know whom was right, i don't think anyone want to eat in a place where these sorts of situations happen, pleanty of other options around, plus they lost a customer which could make them earn much more money in the future and this head up for all of us will surely add on their bill too, thanks for taking the time to make us aware about them ! :)

That happened to me. I put the correct money in the bill pad and said to the waitress that this is for the food, I then made the money up to the amount shown and put it in the folder at the same time telling the waitress that is the tip.

Scamming feckers,

They will never learn

I paid the correct amount (the prices from the menu) already but did not have the exact change so it was 20 Baht too much. Other shops to change the money were already closed and she refused to return the change of 20 Baht. I did not wanted to leave not paying.

She was really a bad lady and I am sure 2 of the staff (the one who wanted to hit me) were illegal as they did not spoke Thai very well.

• 2 weeks later...
I paid the correct amount (the prices from the menu) already but did not have the exact change so it was 20 Baht too much. Other shops to change the money were already closed and she refused to return the change of 20 Baht. I did not wanted to leave not paying.

She was really a bad lady and I am sure 2 of the staff (the one who wanted to hit me) were illegal as they did not spoke Thai very well.

dam_n...

I'll write the name down. I hate/can't tolerate shit like that as well.

But like the other guy said, it's safer to play it Thai style smile, pay and never come back (and spread the word, like you are doing now), as you could have ended up beaten badly.

And up in Nakhon Sawan, there aren't many people(farangs) that could come to your aid, so it is rather foolish, to go code red over that amount of money, but I get it, it's not the amount but the principle.

invex,

take satisfaction in the matter that you are voting with your feet and secondly telling everyone else about it. That is the best course of action over 40 odd baht.

if you really feel the need, get you wife to send an anon letter to the restuarant indicating that you are spreading the word about the place.....that will really urk the owner.

leave it at that.

I always have succeeded in getting the menu price when confronted with this common scam, after complaint, and showing them the menu. In any case, the only recourse is denying future business. Sometimes its a shame if it's a good and convenient place. If I were the OP, I would give it up. It is too small to be a police matter (not to mention that you don't have proof) and if you go back they will remember you and possibly tamper with your food.

Edited by Jingthing

• 3 weeks later...