French Bulldog Or Boston Terrier

Hi, ok so we are living in Bnagkok and have been investingating both French Bulldogs and Boston Terrier's ... My girl is in love with French Bulldog, but i do like the slightly larger Boston Terrier. Please tell us of some good breeders for both as i am struggling with my internet research (especially for the Bostons) - I already know of Napachai.com, for Frenchie's.... a very highly rated but also expensive breeder .... please any advice/insight/places to go are welcome a knowledge ....We dont mind to travel a bit also if it is worth it Thank you

Edited by ChananatMAY

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know the difference of these breedings?

French bulldogs just live together with you. A little bit like human beings :) Boston terriers are TERRIERS, and terriers are exhausting ..... I don't know, if you want an exhausting familymember ...... Both breedings are not only a dog, they are both familymembers.

You will have an easier handling with a french bulldog. I think you have asked aunty google ......

Do you know the difference of these breedings?

French bulldogs just live together with you. A little bit like human beings :) Boston terriers are TERRIERS, and terriers are exhausting ..... I don't know, if you want an exhausting familymember ...... Both breedings are not only a dog, they are both familymembers.

You will have an easier handling with a french bulldog. I think you have asked aunty google ......

This weekend, at Central Bangna , there is dog show and French Bulldog breeders will be present. Not sure about Boston terriers.

Lottidotti has a point. I'm not sure if exhausting is the word I would use, but it's true that Boston Terriers have bundles of energy and they need an outlet for it to be happy and balanced. A person who offers a dog a one bedroom apartment and a couple of chew toys would probably do well to choose a lower energy breed such as the French Bulldog. My Boston Terrier has a nice routine where most days he gets to romp with other dogs in the area twice a day off leash. On days when that's not

possible, he needs a couple of decent walks on the leash. Basically at least 2x30 minutes of some kind of exercise and activity per day. Then again, one could argue that any breed of dog would benefit from that, so in that sense the Boston Terrier isn't too bad.

But certainly Boston Terriers have lots of energy. As I'm writing this my 4.5 month old BT pup is running around with a one year old Jack Russell Terrier and he's giving her a run for her money. They are tenacious dogs.

Having said all that, they are also super cool dogs. Great with people, physically attractive and muscular looking, intelligent and just a whole lot of fun. I am really glad I chose a Boston Terrier. It's like a big dog in a small package.

I've had Bullterriers before my french bulldogs. And I think (noooo, I KNOW) I'm to old for a terrier-temperament :)

And one thing. So many people talkt about the short nose. It isn't the short nose, making (sometimes) problems, it is the soft palate, which is too long and goes through the throat.

Don't buy a french bulldog at the market, choose a good breeder. They are expensive, but good breeding has its price. They look after the right mum and dad, caring the puppies (and so on). I know, what I'm talking about. :D

Edited by lottidotti

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I am living in Chiang Mai and I would like to get a French Bulldog. Would it be possible to see pictures of the puppies?

Thanks

Sébastien

Sebastien,

I don't know if you have been to a shop called "Wine Gallery", the Lady owner of the shop breeds Frenchies. I know this as I bought one off her a few years ago. I went in for some bottles of wine and came out with the wine and the receipt of 7000 baht for a Puppy, had to go back when she was old enough to leave the litter. I have not been in for a while, but might be worth popping along to see if she is still breeding them, if not can pick up a good bottle of wine instead.

Hope this helps.

Our French B/d loves motorised transport, all she has to do is hear the car keys and shes waiting at the door of the car before you can get there. She has now started to take rides on the motorbike as well. Which can be a bit hazardous as she wants to fight every other dog she see's.

Anyway good luck

Mickmac

Edited by mickmac