Sports And Sportmanship In Thailand

ongoing

this is far too general, touching on racist

I have had very nice thai people say sorry to me ,police included, surely you cannot tar everyone with the same brush

and real horrible westerners behaving awfully

remember, country's which have almost nothing to really be proud of are the most "touchy"

its the simelar vague logic one can apply to racist jokes

sport becomes their substitute for non achievement in other areas

and sports like football usually do not have the most easy going of people attending

Scrolling down the comments, quite enjoying a topic for a change but waiting for the classic 'there's always one' ; and low and behold it didn't take long...

<deleted>!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

yes, there's always one, you are one, because people here often use the wrong words

they use wrong phases( I do too, my excuse is English is not my first)

you would never dare say what you did to my face ( that really says alot about someone)

and then insult someone

then why reply if its such a waste of time?- am I not entitled to my opinion and then have to be insulted? thats a nice mature, grown up progressive way to behave

And why be rude?

Does that make you feel "good" " tough"

like to meet me and call me a <deleted> to my face ? No, of course not. You are scared to.I think people who say things here, but hide behind it when they'd never say to the face of the person they are trying to insult are cowards.

Thats just my opinion.

I will not insult you like you did to me, but I promise you that if we do meet the drinks will be on you and I will give you a little spank.

sorry, I just do not like those sorts of comments

Maybe I am being too serious?

You can go back to sleep now, I do go on don't I?

Not really a surprise having had the pleasure of playing against Thai football teams. They love to dish it out on the pitch, but generally cry like little babies and roll on around on the floor as soon as the boot is on the other foot.

Sounds like the premiership mate :)

Not really a surprise having had the pleasure of playing against Thai football teams. They love to dish it out on the pitch, but generally cry like little babies and roll on around on the floor as soon as the boot is on the other foot.

Sounds like the premiership mate :)

What's the old saying "Much p^ide, no s^ame"?

I have had very nice thai people say sorry to me ,police included, surely you cannot tar everyone with the same brush

remember, country's which have almost nothing to really be proud of are the most "touchy"

and sports like football usually do not have the most easy going of people attending

Hmmm,

Sorry Bjoe but you don't exactly excel yourself with posts full of exactly what you feel are pretty poor virtues in others. Conveniently sidestepped a valid comment by another member about tarring all with the same brush, then rant at a guy for calling you a pretty mild expletive on an internet page on sports of all things; advocating nothing more than violence yourself.

Certainly looks like your 'taking it all too serious' as you said yourself !

Edited by makavelithedon

2 Farangs were once at a game in a local football stadium somewhere in Indonesia. The moment they appeared all the spectators looked at them. It was bizarre. Even the football players stopped playing and looked at them.

You say it was bizarre.

Were you one of them?

This must have been far far out in the province.

To be honest i think thai football about sums thai men in general. they are not real men . Cant take anything like men and just behave like children for most of there life.

Please swing by Lumpinee stadium on fight night. There are plenty of Thai men there who will be happy to have a 'dialogue' with you about that.

I've seen Thai men beat the $#@% out of each other for 5 rounds just to put food on the table, then shake hands at the end and get a cup of water from the other corner and pay their respects to the other fighter's coach.

Almost every time a farang gets in the ring, he acts like he's a professional wrestling star when he wins, even though unbeknownst to him they've set him up against a tuktuk driver or a waiter that couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag just so that he can have his "big fight" in thailand after paying out the ass for Muay Thai training at some tourist MT camp.

You can find bad sportsmanship anywhere. One incident on TV isn't reflective of an entire nation's attitude, unless of course you are an ignorant bigot.

-N

Wouldn't happen in rugby - a thug's sport played by gentlemen.

A boring sport played by talentless public schoolboys. Its just not worth fighting for.

Thai boxers show sportsmanship and humility, whilst training and before and after a fight.

Yes Muay Thai boxers and other MA athletes are trained to be humble and sportsmanlike and none of them earn anywhere near the obscene amount that soccer players get.

Wrong. Soccer as opposed to rugby (either code) is definitely talentless which is why so many people follow it and are so adept at it.

Rugby is boring to those people for the same reason, it is not easy.

Hmmm,

Sorry Bjoe but you don't exactly excel yourself with posts full of exactly what you feel are pretty poor virtues in others. Conveniently sidestepped a valid comment by another member about tarring all with the same brush, then rant at a guy for calling you a pretty mild expletive on an internet page on sports of all things; advocating nothing more than violence yourself.

Certainly looks like your 'taking it all too serious' as you said yourself !

I am having my period and I am told my slaps are sensual :)

I make all the same f-ups as everyone else and at least I do feel bad about it, sometimes later

Wouldn't happen in rugby - a thug's sport played by gentlemen.

A boring sport played by talentless public schoolboys. Its just not worth fighting for.

Thai boxers show sportsmanship and humility, whilst training and before and after a fight.

Yes Muay Thai boxers and other MA athletes are trained to be humble and sportsmanlike and none of them earn anywhere near the obscene amount that soccer players get.

Wrong. Soccer as opposed to rugby (either code) is definitely talentless which is why so many people follow it and are so adept at it.

Rugby is boring to those people for the same reason, it is not easy.

No no no, Certain sprinters have got into pro rugby purely do to their speed, many rugby playes only get at game due to their physical strength theyve got in without ever having played rugby previously ... the only way you would get to become a pro footballer is by playing everyday from the ages of about 5-8 until 19/20 before getting your first break ... though i do like the way the players respect the referee.