New Golden Buddha

sceadugenga

Get onto the old Chiang Mai road, Route 1211, pass the 21km post, through the village and take the first paved right turn over the bridge.

It's about a mile heading into the hills.

There's a very nice large reclining Buddha on a small hill just outside the village heading towards the tea plantation as well if you want to pay your respects there. And to complete the tour, don't forget our new bell tower at Wat Huai San Plabpla.

post-38081-1267066866_thumb.jpg

post-38081-1267066897_thumb.jpg

ok golden Buddhas it is then :) maybe not as 'off the beaten track' as earlier posts (these are from Sob Ruak or Saam Liaam Thong Kham) the smaller one is in a tiny 'house' which I had to bend over to get in, and is, apparently, 1700 years old and Lao in origin. The Wat itself (below the old Lao site which is pretty much in ruins) is still under construction and the Nagas and details are yet to be decorated. View of Mae Nam Kong is from about halfway up the steps.

Bit 'touristy' maybe but it's a nice place all the same :D

post-86914-1267268909_thumb.jpg

post-86914-1267268968_thumb.jpg

post-86914-1267269095_thumb.jpg

post-86914-1267269728_thumb.jpg

Lets see if we can turn this into a Golden Buddha picture topic. Here is my entry.

Where did you take those photos?

On my profile page there is a link to my blog and also a direct link to my Google Map of Chiang Rai. You can zoom into the exact location on that map.

Sometimes it is necessary to reload the map at the beginning of the session to get all the markers to work properly. Some Google thing. The temple is kind of off in the middle of nowhere and I stumble upon it accidentally while on my Phantom.

(Thanks for the opportunity to plug my blog and map.) :)

Edited by villagefarang