2010 Toyota Vigo 4x2 3.0g Auto

InSiSongkram

I`m toying with the idea of buying a 4x2 3.0G Auto or a 4x4 3.0G Auto, I`m not going to be doing any off road driving so really dont see the reason to go for the 4x4 over the 4x2 any thoughts or comments on this have you made a similar choice or gone for the 4x4?

There was a good post here recently about prices, discounts and extras which is great info if you are going to buy http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/2010-Toyota-Vigo-t339828.html

Has anyone bought a 4x2 recently and can share similar info on the deal and its breakdown? Or a 4x4 so that I can gather more details and try and get the best deal possible when I go to order.

Thanks.

Have just sold my vigo 3/0 4x4 top of the range, Did I have a problem trying to sell it??? no had them queuing at the door. Sold it for top money. Why because it was top of the range. And everyone want's a 4x4 so if you'll use it or not, if you can afford it get it. Then when it come's time to sell bingo. As far as fuel go's 500k for about 1,100 baht.

It's a good question to ask, because the Vigo range doesn't really have the option of 4x2 AUTO that looks the same as the 4x4 (ie. ride height). If manual gear was an option for you, then the 4 door Prerunner is the solution as well as being alot cheaper. Then there is the new 2.5 Vn Turbo prerunner (no automatic choice here also though). This is also meant to be alot more fuel efficient.

Well, here's the deal I got on a 2010 Toyota Vigo 3.0 4x4, 4 door, auto, (G). I had also been in contact with Tim, from expat motors who

was a big help and said he would have charged roughly the same.( I got the 4x4 for 2 reasons, 1, because I need it in some of the places

I drive it, and 2, I wanted an auto. I've driven standards for years and tired of shifting and this is 2010, the fuel efficiency and longevity

of the auto is EVERY bit as good as the standard.

I went to the Toyota shop on the 4th floor at Central Dept. store, Rama3, from Khun Mam, yes I can speak Thai and yes she can speak English.

Khun Mam said about 3 to 5 weeks delivery because I wanted the tan/gold color, and a lot sooner if I wanted to take a black or silver

truck, and to put on the extras and the carryboy top.

She said they don't sell many 4 door, 4x4r, auto,g, grade trucks, but a lot of standard gear prerunners and that the 4x4 , 4 door auto was

the no.1 stolen vehicle in Thailand, bar none, and that if people can't make the payments they will sell it underground and it will be driven

to Cambodia and then the owner will report it stolen to get out of paying for it. So, I didn't need a guarantor, but they still wanted a copy

of my gf's tambian bahn ( home registry).

Anyway, here's the deal I got, and it seems ok to me, I don't feel it's a great deal, but I don't feel I got ripped off either, kinda ok:

truck is 958k, 35% down, 2.35% financing over 30 months. 8,500b for registration fee, 645.b compulsory ins., 2,500 deposit for red plates to be returned when the white plates arrive.

So she rounded it to 340k down plus 11,645b reg.,ins,red plates, total 351,645 down, minus 5000 baht deposit to begin the whole show, = 346,645 down. Finished.

Then, 21,811b a month for 30 months= 654,330 from the balance of 618,000, so interest paid over 30 months is 36,330b

She said she had 40k for extras to play with, so I could take a 40K discount and get the basic truck with no extras and find my own insurance and do the

reg. and all the paperwork myself, and after adding it all up, would definitely be over 40 k, so I took option no. 2 which was

for "free" she added:

1 year good coverage insurance for 1 year, she said it was worth about 22k, (I looked at the policy and it was good)

Toyota bed liner

lie mai (wooden looking plastic (I think it's plastic)veneer covers on the dash, console, doors arm rests etc.)

lic.plate frames

tinted window film on all windows

side rain visors on the outside of the doors to cover the windows

floor mats

undercoating, 2,500 extra from me

and I also ordered a carryboy top for it through her that she said would be at least 2000 baht less than if I got it from carryboy, which I told her I called them and was quoted 23,000b myself. Plus it would be painted and fitted better if under dealer care. So I'm guessing 21k for it on top, it's the 840 model.

Also I asked Khun Mam and Tim if it would be better to wait for the Bkk Inter. motor show coming on the 26th of next month to buy it, both said no, because the prices would be the same, just

configured a thousand different ways, but would still be the same ending price, and the wait would increase to 3 to 5 months, while trucks are waiting to have the extras put on.

Well, here's the deal I got on a 2010 Toyota Vigo 3.0 4x4, 4 door, auto, (G). I had also been in contact with Tim, from expat motors who

was a big help and said he would have charged roughly the same.( I got the 4x4 for 2 reasons, 1, because I need it in some of the places

I drive it, and 2, I wanted an auto. I've driven standards for years and tired of shifting and this is 2010, the fuel efficiency and longevity

I went to the Toyota shop on the 4th floor at Central Dept. store, Rama3, from Khun Mam, yes I can speak Thai and yes she can speak English.

Khun Mam said about 3 to 5 weeks delivery because I wanted the tan/gold color, and a lot sooner if I wanted to take a black or silver

She said they don't sell many 4 door, 4x4r, auto,g, grade trucks, but a lot of standard gear prerunners and that the 4x4 , 4 door auto was

the no.1 stolen vehicle in Thailand, bar none, and that if people can't make the payments they will sell it underground and it will be driven

to Cambodia and then the owner will report it stolen to get out of paying for it. So, I didn't need a guarantor, but they still wanted a copy

Anyway, here's the deal I got, and it seems ok to me, I don't feel it's a great deal, but I don't feel I got ripped off either, kinda ok:

truck is 958k, 35% down, 2.35% financing over 30 months. 8,500b for registration fee, 645.b compulsory ins., 2,500 deposit for red plates to be returned when the white plates arrive.

So she rounded it to 340k down plus 11,645b reg.,ins,red plates, total 351,645 down, minus 5000 baht deposit to begin the whole show, = 346,645 down. Finished.

Then, 21,811b a month for 30 months= 654,330 from the balance of 618,000, so interest paid over 30 months is 36,330b

She said she had 40k for extras to play with, so I could take a 40K discount and get the basic truck with no extras and find my own insurance and do the

reg. and all the paperwork myself, and after adding it all up, would definitely be over 40 k, so I took option no. 2 which was

for "free" she added:

1 year good coverage insurance for 1 year, she said it was worth about 22k, (I looked at the policy and it was good)

Toyota bed liner

lie mai (wooden looking plastic (I think it's plastic)veneer covers on the dash, console, doors arm rests etc.)

lic.plate frames

floor mats

and I also ordered a carryboy top for it through her that she said would be at least 2000 baht less than if I got it from carryboy, which I told her I called them and was quoted 23,000b myself. Plus it would be painted and fitted better if under dealer care. So I'm guessing 21k for it on top, it's the 840 model.

Also I asked Khun Mam and Tim if it would be better to wait for the Bkk Inter. motor show coming on the 26th of next month to buy it, both said no, because the prices would be the same, just

configured a thousand different ways, but would still be the same ending price, and the wait would increase to 3 to 5 months, while trucks are waiting to have the extras put on.

Just a little question will it be in your name??? as I was told you had to put 50% down to put a car in your name, + you said you used your girl friend's tanbian bahn, Maybe thing's have changed, but the way your going about it. A couple of year's ago no way.

100% in my name alone.

Thing's change A couple of year's ago. A mate had to put down 50%. I hope you dont mind me asking, it's just that Ive seen so many farang's done like a kipper. Just sold my vigo 4x4 Great car I dont know if you've ordered reversing censor's, but you'll need them with that boot lid. The view out off the rear is crap. And it's longer than it look's. Enjoy.

I got a 2010 4x4 4 door. 958,000 baht, 50% down in my wifes name. Tinted windows, visors, bedliner, rubber mats. 3.0 td. auto.

I bought a 4x4 because the flood waters in Udon can get pretty high so I thought a 4x4 might give me a little higher edge, plus we drive in the mud alot and it helps alot.

I never felt safe driving around in Thailand on a motorbike, which we did for over a year, and now when we drive in the Vigo, I fear nothing because if I get hit a car it will probably be another Vigo or a Dmax, so odds are even we will walk away from it.

I averaged 34mpg doing around 75-80 kmph (very slow) on a 600km drive. I was shocked it did so well. I got cruise which was a welcome bonus.

I am very happy with this truck. It is economical, but if you have to pass some slow moving vehicle, it will pin you to the back of your seat when its opened up. Im still deciding on what to put on the back, either a carryboy or an electrically driven cover.

I bought an aftermarket backup camera with the monitor installed on the passenger side of the dash, it is crystal clear and helps in backing up. I also bought a reverse device for all to hear that sounds like a jet engine spooling up when i put the transmission in reverse.

This is my first pickup truck and I am a proud owner. No problems so far at all.

I got a 2010 4x4 4 door. 958,000 baht, 50% down in my wifes name. Tinted windows, visors, bedliner, rubber mats. 3.0 td. auto.

I bought a 4x4 because the flood waters in Udon can get pretty high so I thought a 4x4 might give me a little higher edge, plus we drive in the mud alot and it helps alot.

I never felt safe driving around in Thailand on a motorbike, which we did for over a year, and now when we drive in the Vigo, I fear nothing because if I get hit a car it will probably be another Vigo or a Dmax, so odds are even we will walk away from it.

I averaged 34mpg doing around 75-80 kmph (very slow) on a 600km drive. I was shocked it did so well. I got cruise which was a welcome bonus.

I am very happy with this truck. It is economical, but if you have to pass some slow moving vehicle, it will pin you to the back of your seat when its opened up. Im still deciding on what to put on the back, either a carryboy or an electrically driven cover.

I bought an aftermarket backup camera with the monitor installed on the passenger side of the dash, it is crystal clear and helps in backing up. I also bought a reverse device for all to hear that sounds like a jet engine spooling up when i put the transmission in reverse.

This is my first pickup truck and I am a proud owner. No problems so far at all.

Had a carryboy electric one on mine the all singing all dancing one. I think 26,000 bt. It's the best available right now. No leak's But it dose reduce your vision, like all the rest. But you seem to have solved that problem already. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I picked it up yesterday, 10 March 2010. The carryboy 840 (the high one), was on it.

When I arrived at Central Rama 3 and went to the the 4th floor Toyota shop, Khun Mam met me and said they were just finishing with it. So, of course I asked, finishing with what? Jeeeeeez, there were 3 guys on the 4th floor car park putting the film on the windows. .... I asked, doesn't your dealership have a garage or something to do this in?

She said, no proplem, can do, can do, no proplem. So, they finished the window film, put the red plates on, cleaned a scuff mark off the the cowling around the bottom of the drivers seat and were finished. Granted, they did an outstanding job on the film with no bubbles anywere and a great fit, but jeeez, TIT.

Mam spent 1 hour going over everything about the truck like, don't open the windows for a week to give time for the film to set and to come and pick her up and she will go with me to the trucks first check up at 1 month or 1000 k's. and that it has the new vt turbo diesel 3.0 engine that can drink b5, biodiesel as well as the normal diesel, comes standard with auto trans. and cruise control, cd, is 4x4, plus all my options.

Wow, it's tall with 17' rims and 4x4 and with the carryboy 840. Mam said I could only park on the ground floor of any building and never go up!

So, 3 hours after arriving, I'm ready to boogie, and Mam says, I think our guys can drive it down for you, (we were on the 4th floor of the parking garage) because maybe it's dangerous because of the sprinklers may scratch the top. So, I thought , hmmmm, I bet they know that because they already hit one. So, I climbed up on the back bumper, and sure enough, a nice scrape on the top of the carryboy. I told Mam and she had that look on her face like, OH shit, some of those pesky falangs ARE smarter than a rock! ha ha ha, so she said I could go to carryboy and call her and they would pay for it.

Of course the tank was 99.9% empty, so I eased back down to the ground floor missing all the sprinklers, but scraping the top on every overhead cement support pylon where the down slope begins on each floor as the rear of the truck goes up as the front goes down to the next floor, happily knowing Toyota was footing the bill, and then on to the Shell station where it costs 2,190 baht to fill it up....jeeeeeez

As far as the truck goes, it's a beaut. It's quiet, has all the crap I want on it and I think it will do it's job.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd buy the exact same truck, with the medium size, higher than the cab but lower than the 840 Carryboy for the back.

for "free" she added:

Toyota bed liner

lic.plate frames

floor mats

Edited by hearditallbefore

I bought my reverse camera from an aftermarket shop in Udon for around 5,000 including camera and monitor. He also installed some black mud guards inside each wheel well which will hopefully keep mud off the frame.

Ive had the truck for a few months now and am very happy with it but I will never buy another black truck again. The wife wanted black for good luck, but it gets dirty as soon as we drive it and it looks terrible. I think the best colors would have been white or silver.

My biggest complaint is the ride, I have never owned a 4x4 pickup before, and my Vigo pitches forward and back alot. Gives me a headache if Im going over a rough road for a while. I might try to let some air out of the tires and put some 50kg bags of rice in the back and see if that helps. The ride gets smoother when Ive got 5 or 6 people in it.

Yes, if you don't know squat about trucks, rough rides can happen.

My tires were over inflated as well and rock hard. I let the air out of each one until they were at the recommended psi on the tire. Also, the response time on the truck you drive matters.

Some folks drive a truck with slow response time so never notice they puslate their foot on the gas like a Bangkok taxi driver that makes the passengers sick to their stomach, lurching back and fourth, and then when they drive a quality truck that is responsive to input, feel it.

Mine is now 4 days old, rides so well I almost fell asleep at the wheel coming back from the beach in Rayong.

I see varying amounts of down payments on a deposit what is the usual asking down payment from Toyota as they said to me 30-35%? What did you put down on yours?

I have just recently bought a Toyoa Hilux Vigo 4 Door x 4 wheel drive 3.0 litre turbo top of the range with leather interior.

We arranged finance thru Tisco bank in Udon.

They were very helpful and we could have put down 10% however opted for 35% which left us just over 600,000 baht to pay.

We took the loan out over 36 months at just under 19,000Bt per month.

If I had put down 50% I could have it registered in my own name but like all transactions here where everything is in the wifes name ther are legal ways to protect your investment/money.

The Vigo came with Leather interior,Electric drivers seat,cruise control,VSC,window tinting,rain/wind delectors on windows,rear tray drop in liner,12 months insurance and 12 months licence,floor mats,small directional mirror on left hand side mud guard, and 1000.00Bt diesel fuel.

958,000Bt.

I added extras,Electric pop top for rear,wood grain(plastic)inserts on dash,gear shifts&arm rests,chrome light surounds,door dividers,Scuff plates on doors,Nudge bar on front,reversing alarm,body cladding on doors,Lexus grille,Chrome rear view mirrors with indicators and an upradred performance chip.

Very,Very happy with the ride,acceleration,increased economy....Great piece of machinery....Recomment to all....for those that have the smae...happy motoring.