Broad Band Providers In Pattaya

getithere328

Hi

We have just moved to the Naklua area and are looking to have broad band installed asap.

Already contacted True & Bee.

True said that they have nothing in our area until the end of March.

Bee have said that it takes a week, (which is fine) but are they any good? (we would probably go for the 10mb service)

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have been using TOT also here in Naklua and the experience is mixed, sometimes good speed and sometimes very slow. Good thing is that they show up fairly quick if you complain or loose your connection which happened twice during 2-3 years subscription.

It depends where you are in Naklua, but a while back CAT laid new cables there and there have been reports that their service is very good (though perhaps not very cheap?). It's worth popping around the CAT office on South Pattaya Road (just east of the junction with Third Road) and asking what the quality of their service in your area would be like.

2 problems with what you are looking for:

a) you want it up and running

2) you want it now

both of those two are the top 2 obstacles everyone incurs when looking for an ISP here. and question, who is Bee? imho, Maxnet has been wonderful at the Premier level, but i live east and cannot comment on Naklua reliability.

It depends where you are in Naklua, but a while back CAT laid new cables there and there have been reports that their service is very good (though perhaps not very cheap?). It's worth popping around the CAT office on South Pattaya Road (just east of the junction with Third Road) and asking what the quality of their service in your area would be like.

And do you really expect CAT to be truthful ? You should check with your neighbors, only they will know what is good for your location

Internet here in Thailand is VERY location specific, so check in the real world

2) you want it now

both of those two are the top 2 obstacles everyone incurs when looking for an ISP here. and question, who is Bee? imho, Maxnet has been wonderful at the Premier level, but i live east and cannot comment on Naklua reliability.

I think its Bee or maybe just B cable tv company (so my wife tell's me)

2) you want it now

I just had broadband installed in my 3rd road townhouse and the results were not from a children's fairy tale but the honest truth.

I had ordered internet service 7 weeks ago from 3bbb and was told they would contact me in a week, no such luck. After 6 weeks I get a phone call, "you order internet sir" "yes, when can you install?" "you must go to our office and purchase modem first then we come install" I told him that after 6 weeks I did not believe or trust their lies and did not want their service"

Next I went to Sophon Cable where I had heard rumors that they now had internet but no official notification. She gave me a brochure that had Cat's logo on it with price of B990 for 4 mbs. Then proceeded to tell me in very broken English where their (Sophon Broadband)office was, on Pattaya Thai. Since it had CAT's logo I thought I would just go to CAT and see what they said, tried to double talk me into ordering from them and when I asked if they now had "Fiber optics" on 3rd road she told me yes but brochure was talking about shared this and that and when I pinned her down she informed me that it was fiber optics on copper wire, so I left and called the number on the brochure for Sophon Broadband, got directions and went there. They had a computer set up to demonstate the various band widths so you could compare and 4 mb was 690 per month B 2500 installation, free modem on 1 year contract. I told her I wanted that one and when could they come install it. Her reply the installer would come to my house about 6pm to verify how far they had to run the line and that they could do it. This was 1pm. At 3pm I got a phone call from the installer and I asked him when he would be there, he verified that I wanted a 1 year agreement and would be there at 11am next day to install.

Next day 9:45am they were out front running wires and hooking up by 11 am I had internet. They spent 45 minutes trying to get my wireless working but to no avail. Ran speed tests and results were 4.01/.51 Bangkok and 1.93/.51 California. 1/2 hour after they left it crapped out and I could not get on internet. Called the office and she said repairman would be there in 1 hour, less than 1/2 hour they were at the door, checked it, verified my modem had crashed and gave me a new one, did speed check and same, same.

So if Sophon is offered in your area avoid TOT, TIT, BBB and go to them, if you are as fortunate as I was you will be pleased.

2) you want it now

I just had broadband installed in my 3rd road townhouse and the results were not from a children's fairy tale but the honest truth.

I had ordered internet service 7 weeks ago from 3bbb and was told they would contact me in a week, no such luck. After 6 weeks I get a phone call, "you order internet sir" "yes, when can you install?" "you must go to our office and purchase modem first then we come install" I told him that after 6 weeks I did not believe or trust their lies and did not want their service"

Next I went to Sophon Cable where I had heard rumors that they now had internet but no official notification. She gave me a brochure that had Cat's logo on it with price of B990 for 4 mbs. Then proceeded to tell me in very broken English where their (Sophon Broadband)office was, on Pattaya Thai. Since it had CAT's logo I thought I would just go to CAT and see what they said, tried to double talk me into ordering from them and when I asked if they now had "Fiber optics" on 3rd road she told me yes but brochure was talking about shared this and that and when I pinned her down she informed me that it was fiber optics on copper wire, so I left and called the number on the brochure for Sophon Broadband, got directions and went there. They had a computer set up to demonstate the various band widths so you could compare and 4 mb was 690 per month B 2500 installation, free modem on 1 year contract. I told her I wanted that one and when could they come install it. Her reply the installer would come to my house about 6pm to verify how far they had to run the line and that they could do it. This was 1pm. At 3pm I got a phone call from the installer and I asked him when he would be there, he verified that I wanted a 1 year agreement and would be there at 11am next day to install.

Next day 9:45am they were out front running wires and hooking up by 11 am I had internet. They spent 45 minutes trying to get my wireless working but to no avail. Ran speed tests and results were 4.01/.51 Bangkok and 1.93/.51 California. 1/2 hour after they left it crapped out and I could not get on internet. Called the office and she said repairman would be there in 1 hour, less than 1/2 hour they were at the door, checked it, verified my modem had crashed and gave me a new one, did speed check and same, same.

So if Sophon is offered in your area avoid TOT, TIT, BBB and go to them, if you are as fortunate as I was you will be pleased.

Thanks for that. I will give them a go. Do you happen to have the Sophon address?

after 10 days i get 4mb from 3bb, i started with AIS dongle which was to slow but instant, take your time or like me you will end up paying out to differnt providers who will lie through there teeth about connection times and speeds, now selling the AIS dongle which would be good in right area but not darkside.