Wooden Toilet Seat

eek

Hopefully this thread will get buried in the forum fairly soon (after some useful replies i hope!).

Sorry for the toilet talk, but ive been on the hunt for a nice wooden toilet seat.

Tried the supermarkets (tesco, big c, topps), but just plastic ones. Tried Homepro and they had every variety i could imagine (novelty seats), but no wooden ones. Tried Index and they had one wooden one, stained dark teak. All I want a nice, plain, sorta neutral, wooden, toilet seat!

Anyone noticed some for sale? :)

288191_front200.jpg

Edited by eek

Its for aesthetics :)

Parts of my bathroom are already in a natural wood, so would look much better with a wooden seat, rather than a white one. Plus, i like thick clunky seats rather than think clangy ones. Just seem to look nicer imo.

Plus (this will get you all laughing), I plan to finally get a cat again, and im going to train it to use the toilet (im serious!). A wooden non-slippy seat would be much easier for a kitty cat :D

eekers, have you tried HomePro next to Carrefour?

If they don't have it, I don't imagine anyone else will.

(Except for Global, if it's been rebuilt).

Yes, tried HomePro, no avail :D

As for toilet seats harboring germs, the wooden seats have protective coating on them, or should have, right? Plus, of course I keep my toilet spotlessly clean! Protective coating + good hygiene/cleaning, i cant see why they would be a haven for germs. People use wooden chopping boards for cutting up food, cheese etc and other wooden items for eating out of etc, so why, if a toilet is kept clean, would a wooden seat be a problem? :) Of course i could be completely wrong in my thinking!

ah ha, it isn't just me then!?

Guests not allowed, it always remains in our en-suite!

Brought one over with me a few years ago from UK and have had friends bring replacement hinges from B&Q - but I digress!

Saw one (pun intended!) in Emporium a couple of years ago, haven't looked specifically since.

I have seen plastic wood-effect versions in Home Pro Samui but again can't remember when last as I work overseas.

Try Home Pro again, take a picture with you and ask the department sub manager - that's how we got our wheelie bin (which promptly got stolen!).

Or, as another poster said, get one made to order.

Or, last one, ask someone to bring one over.

Happy trails

Parts of my bathroom are already in a natural wood, so would look much better with a wooden seat, rather than a white one. Plus, i like thick clunky seats rather than think clangy ones. Just seem to look nicer imo.

Plus (this will get you all laughing), I plan to finally get a cat again, and im going to train it to use the toilet (im serious!). A wooden non-slippy seat would be much easier for a kitty cat :D

I got a couple of wooden toilet seats at HomePro super highway last year. Perhaps they are just out of stock.......

I'm sure that I have also seen them at Index....

Had a wood seat for years so when moving to Thailand in 2003 wanted wood seats for the new house..

Did find one only in Home Pro was 3x the price of the plastic seats....... water + screws + water and wood do not mix, within the year the fixing had broken, sitting very carefuly for another year one day the seat broke in halve, the other 2 which I had to buy plastice are still as good as new.

Edit: maybe the reason you cannot find wood one anymore ?

Edited by ignis

Eek, this may not be particularly helpful, but I can't help but comment on the idea of toilet training cats. I tried with our two cats and it was a disaster. I bought a "kit" that was basically a shallow pan you put under the lid and put kitty litter in it to train them during the "transition". The idea was that the cats would see the litter in the spot where the opening normally is located and perch on the seat to do their business. In reality it tied up the toilet for us because humans can't use it when the litter tray was in place. Also, the cats (who had been quite interested in the toilet) developed a real fear of the throne the first time they stepped into the tray and fell into the toilet because it wasn't designed to support the weight of a cat.

I set it up again and tried to get them to use it for a couple of days. They wouldn't get near the toilet after their little swims. One cat took to doing his business in the bathtub. At least that was easy to clean up. The other cat discovered all the nice, new carpet in our dining room and continued to use that long after I gave up and gave them back their standard litter box. We totally messed up that one cat and finally gave him away because of all the damage he was doing to the carpet. Amazingly, he always used the litter box in his new home.

Everyone I know who has successfully toilet trained a cat either had a cat who figured it out on his own or learned it by watching other cats in the household.

Edited by NancyL

why don't you get one carved?

In the Chiang Mai forum it is more about food, the intake of it that is.

The exhaust is less discussed, so finding a toilet seat here will be a problem Eek.

Of course there sometimes is the odd topic about colon cleansing, but from what I understood from the ones undergoing this procedure don't care about plastic or wood, they just look for the seat part.... :)